• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage accustock pad

DresserDan

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2011
Eastern Ks
How does the recoil pad on a syn stock come off? I am going to put something else on but I ca'nt tell how the pad comes off.Is it glued?

Re: Savage accustock pad

On most rifles, and definitely on the A'stock, look at the back of the pad and you'll see two very small holes, one towards the top and one towards the bottom. Push a phillips screw driver thru the holes and locate the screw heads inside. Just unscrew them and pull it out.

I am thinking about doing the same the stock pad is way too soft and my shoulder ends up hitting the plastic of the stock only making recoil worse on my 270 WSM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tatertot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am thinking about doing the same the stock pad is way too soft and my shoulder ends up hitting the plastic of the stock only making recoil worse on my 270 WSM
</div></div>

Wow ... the 270WSM must have a pretty healthy recoil. I know the ballistics looked really sweet when I was looking at a new long range hunting rig.