• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Savage Accutrigger Question

CarbonOne

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
Utah
On average what's the lowest you guys are getting accutriggers down too on their hunting rifles. I can't get mine much under 4# and I'd like to get it down to 2.5#. It breaks nice, but I'm dissapointed that I can't it lower. Any suggestions?

Re: Savage Accutrigger Question

You may have to get the spring for the target version. Not sure if there is a hunter version that is heavier? My target versions go down to 2 pounds pretty easily, although they tend to become less reliable. I have since done away with all my accutriggers in favor of SSS competition triggers. They can be adjusted down to 10 ounces.

Re: Savage Accutrigger Question

Swapping out the springs or modifying the springs will get you to 2.4#'s. At least that is where my 10FPLE ended up.

Be careful and do a drop test to confirm whether the safety is still working correctly when you get done. AD's are not a fun thing to deal with. Just be safe!!

DK