• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAVAGE AR10 ITEMS OF INTEREST W PICTURES

PR0230

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2018
CAPS FOR ME SEEING NOT SHOUTING

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE CONTEMPLATING BUYING A SAVAGE AR10, THE GUN IS PRETTY MUCH FULLY PROPRIETARY CUSTOM...
YOU CANNOT BUY ANN AFTER MARKET BCG, AND MANY OTHER ITEMS... I WOULD LIKE TO SWAP OUT MY BARREL AND WILL SHOW YOU
SOME OF THE CUSTOM ITEMS YOU WOULD ENCOUNTER IF YOU WER IN THE SAME POSITION.

FIRST THE GUN IS A TAC DRIVER. SEE PICTURE...EACH TARGET HAS FIVE SHOTS... 1 FLYER EACH AND 4 IN THE BULLS EYS AT 100 YRDS.

BUT LOOKING AT THE BARREL WITH A BORE SCOPE SHOWED THE BARREL PRETTY WORN. NO PICTURES FOR THAT.

I BOUGHT A FAXTON 20 INCH BARREL, .75 ” FOR GAS BLOCK, RIFLE GAS BLOCK PORT.... SO FAR THE GAS PORT IS NOT IN THE USUAL POSITION, AND THE
GAS PORT IS MUCH SMALLER... SINCE THE GAS PORT IS CLOSER TO THE BRIECH, I WOULD NEED A CUSTOM LENGTH GAS TUBE, BUT THE SAVAGE GAS TUBE IS ALSO MACHINED AT THE END...

ONE THING TO NOTE, THE BARREL IS MACHINED FOR THE GAS BLOCK TO BE PLACE EXACTLY WHERE IS SHOULD BE WITH THE NOTCH IN THE BARREL, AND TWO DIMPLES UNDER NEATH FOR THE SET SCREWS... IIF SAVAGE WOULD SELL ME A FACTORY BARREL, THIS WOULD BE AN EASY SWAP OUT, BUT THEY WILL NOT SELL YOU OR ME A BARREL... I WOULD EVEN BUY A MATCHED BOLT WITH IT AS THE GUN IS SOLD THAT WAY....

ON ANOTHER NOTE, SINCE BCG IS CUSTOM, SO IS THE UPPER AND LOWER.... I BOUGHT A WHEELER VICE FOR AR10‘S AND AS YOU CAN SEE, IT IS NOT COMPATABLE WITH THE STANDARD LENGTH.... JUST A BIT SHORTER.

YOU CAN USE THE WHEELER VICE AND WITH YOU TABLE VICE, CLAMP IT ON, BUT WITHOUT USING THE PINS.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND THE SAVAGE AR10.

You took off a good shooting barrel because it "looked pretty worn" with a bore scope?

Gas lengths are all over the place. There are at least 7 different lengths. The savage happens to not match the Faxon you bought, that all.

Not being able to use a normal vice is common with small frame AR-10s. If you use a reaction rod style, you dont have a problem.

You took off a good shooting barrel because it "looked pretty worn" with a bore scope?

NOT YET. IM 62, RICH, BORED AND HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO....

Gas lengths are all over the place. There are at least 7 different lengths. The savage happens to not match the Faxon you bought, that all.

NOTED..

Not being able to use a normal vice is common with small frame AR-10s. If you use a reaction rod style, you dont have a problem.

YOU ARE CORRECT, AND YES I HAVE ONE.... ACTUALLY FORGOT I HAD ONE BUT THANKS FOR THE REMINDER....

Reactions: AMGtuned
What's then length of the original savage gas tube sir?
MY NAME IS JOE... AND I DID NOT MEASURE THE GAS TUBE.... THANKS FOR ASKING.... BTW- I NEED TO HAVE A DUPLICATE BARREL WITH THE GAS PORT IN THE SAME LOCATION.... WHY.... BECAUSE SAAVAGE HAS A CUSTOM RAIL WHERE YOU CAN ADJUST THE GAS BLOCK... THE GAS BLOCK MUST BE PLACED IN THE SAME SPOT... IM GOING TO SEE IF I CAN HAVE A CUSTOM BARREL TO MATCH WHAT I HAVE.... IF I CANT, ILL SEND IT BACK TO SAVAGE FOR A BARREL REPLACEMENT...

Or just not use an adjustable block.
THERE ARE SEVERAL REASONS I PICKED THIS GUN... THE SIDE CHARGING HANDEL... AND THE ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK... I HAVE A SILENCER... AND DEPENDING ON THE AMMO, I HAVE TO ADJUST THE GASE BLOCK... I ALSO DONT USE THE SILENCER ALL THE TIME... SOME TIMES I HAVE THE GAS BLOCK COMPLETELY TURNED OFF, SO THE BOLT DOES NOT MOVE... I THEN USE THE SIDE CHARGING HANDEL TO CYCLE TO BCG SOMEWHAT LIKE A BOLT GUN....

I have heard of a few people changing barrels on the Savage msr 10. Also the gas block is adjustable from the front with a allen wrench. You don't really need to adjust at the notch in handguard.
I don't know for sure but I'm thinking the gas tube being 12+" is maybe Armalite? Their's are like 12+ for rifle lenght?

I would definitely shoot the factory barrel out first!
Good luck