• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage BAS/T - removing muzzle break for suppresso

averynickt

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Has anyone put a suppressor on one of these yet? How did it work out..

Secondly has anyone just removed the muzzle break? Seem to be having trouble getting mine off..any advice

Re: Savage BAS/T - removing muzzle break for suppresso

1. You should see owners manual or Savage to see if it is pinned or loc-tited in place. That would explain the difficulty.
2. If you are going to mount a suppressor, your gunsmith will remove the brake when he cuts the threads.
3. Removing it is probably more trouble than its worth until #2.
4. Performance is more about the suppressor, not the rifle its mounted to. It will essentially the be same on your rifle as other bolt actions of the same caliber.

i dont have the manual that is why i was seeing if anyone has removed theirs..

i figured the suppressor would make more of the differenc than the rifle itself..

if someone that has removed the muzzle break can let me know how difficult they found it and how they did it, it would help great. thanks

The barrel and muzzle break on the BAS/T is the same as on the 10 F(L)CP-K models, you'll see the parallel notch for a wrench and it uses a crush washer which you will have to replace when or if you put the brake back on. I had a team member that had either Parabellum Industries or Precision Weapons (can't remember which) thread their suppressor to fit the barrel's threads.

so i would need to have a suppressor threaded to fit the barrel? can't just screw on a suppressor ..needless to say im not real sure

Generally your options are:
- Have suppressor custom threaded to match what you already have.
- Re-thread barrel to fit standard thread offered on suppressor
- Fit barrel with muzzle brake designed for suppressor attachment

But I'm not familiar with that rifle or an expert, but even if you had a suppressor that matched the threads on your rifle, you would need to ensure the proper length of the barrel has been cut.

i see..im getting my first suppressors soon so much of this is new to me with the threading etc..never have messed it with before

Take a look in the suppressor forum. Lots of info there. Also when you are shopping for your suppressor, the website or store can tell you what thread is required. Then you will know what route you need to go.