• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage bolt head questions for 22BR

dukedurham

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
Is there anyone other than Sharp Shooter Supply that might have ideas on a short action .473 bolt face bolt head with a small firing pin hole and pin? Want to do a 22 BR for groundhogs from my model 12 action, but has a .080 size pin; and from what i've seen from others, the smaller pin really helps with not cratering primers when the pressures start to get in the good zone. Does this even exist? I know Greg Tannel will do Remmy bolts, maybe someone does Savage bolt heads too. Help would sure be nice.

Re: Savage bolt head questions for 22BR

MY savage target action craters the primers a little when it was a 6.5-284 and its now a 6.5x47Lap. I dont think it will be a problem as ive shot some really hot loads in the 6.5-284 and never popped a primer. unless you shoot overpressure loads. also, i dont think you will see much if any accuracy improvement from bushing the firing pin hole.

only place i can think of that might know would be Sharp Shooters Supply,

good luck