• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage custom barrel question

Same POI and same pet load on my Savage every time I removed then replaced the barrel (same barrel of course).

As long as you set your headspace the same every time, there should be basically no change in POI or load behavior.

Man I wish manners made a mini chassis for the savage! Is there any stocks I can get that I don't have to bed them?

XLR and Mcrees are two chassis systems. I got a manners for my Savage and bedded it, it turned out ok for my first job. Dont let that stop you.

XLR and Mcrees are two chassis systems. I got a manners for my Savage and bedded it, it turned out ok for my first job. Dont let that stop you.

Thanks, I really want just a 204 ruger under 1200 with match barrel. Will the XLR fit that, I'm going to get a savage 11 hunter 223 than switch barrel (top bolt release).

When I remove my barrel I remove my scope first, so I do get some minor POI shift when replacing the barrel. Performance, however, is unchanged.