• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Savage Custom Rifle in 7/08mm

dudz

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2010
New Zealand
This is my first custom rifle build. It started out as a Savage Stevens 200 hunting rifle in 7/08mm . After asking advice on this website, I sourced the best parts I could find within my budget. As I live in France, their choices are very small when it comes to stocks. I had to reach out to the US.
Kyle at XLR Industries built me the best Custom chassis I've ever seen. Without that I would have been stuck with standard issue hunting stocks. The build Quality of Kyle's chassis are second to none. I looked over it for hours and could not find one flaw.Its a piece of art and a damn good tool.Something I will never sell.
The Silencer is made by Hérle at "rds tactical" RDS Vortex Silencers in France. He makes Silencers for many calibers. Shooting factory ammo, I would say the muzzle blast is cut to 50% . Alot more with subsonic ammo.
The Glass is a 10X42M SS SWFA Riflescope. "Lothar Walthar" Heavy Stainless 26" Barrel with 1:9 twist. "Sharp shooter" tactical bolt handle, barrel nut and recoil lug. "Rifle basix #2 trigger" / 10 round AICS mag. LRA Snipers choice bipod.

<span style="font-style: italic">Thanks to Kyle at "XLR Industries" and Steven from Reloaders resource. / oh and Bernice my wife for sleeping on the floor so my rifle could stay next to me
smile.gif
</span>

Re: Savage Custom Rifle in 7/08mm

Gun laws in France grow tighter each year like everywhere else. Handguns,rifles,semi autos and shotguns are all permitted here with the correct licences.
With the exception of fully auto, the skys the limit.

very nice, i was just suggesting that stock to someone last night. good looking rifle

Hello Froggy ( lol)

Your rifle looks perty!!

The final touch will be to black the action and barrel to have a perfect finish.

Hope you have a lovely long range shooting area

Enjoy and have fun!

Another froggy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Julien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The final touch will be to black the action and barrel to have a perfect finish.

</div></div>

Hi Julien,
I built a few custom motorcyles in the UK years back and changed all the chrome to stainless steel wherever I could. Blacking stainless to me would be like painting oak furniture ! but I appreciate your comments !

all the best
Patrick

Wow now thats a nice rifle.

Love that chassis system. Looking at getting that set up for my next gun build. Sexy rifle. How's it shoot? Range report wanted. Thanks.

Is the adjustable stock in the photos the standard option from XLR? It looks a little different than what I thought I've seen in other photos.
BTW, the rifle looks awesome.

Nice rifle. I am seriously considering an XLR for my savage.