• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage detachable mag conversion kit

Re: Savage detachable mag conversion kit

Never tried it but it should work. That kit is made for your rifle as long as you have a centerfeed.

Sharp shooter supply also has a kit to go with that which will make your mag a 9rd mag.

Good luck,
Merritt
SGT USMC vet.

I believe it is worth the extra bucks to buy the CDI Precision DBM.

DSCF0012.jpg

Does the cdi work better than the factory. My factory 308 wouldn't feed well the rounds would pop up and cram into the back of the barrel. My 223 was fine until I rebarreled and now using 75gr bullets, was almost thinking of using a single follower because that's what I'm doing anyway with both now. Oh yea especially after 22-250 rebarrel on 308.

With that "kit" at $125 I also think going with a CDI conversion would put you way ahead in fit and function. Yea you'd pay a bit more overall but it would be very well worth it.

ive run several full 4 rnd mags as well as many a 9 rnd mag full of rounds thru my 10fcp. never had an issue with feeding 308s

The kit that Hi-Tech sells are factory Savage parts. They work great in the Choate Tactical stock. Hi-Tech Tactical is gtg.

does anybody know where or if i could find a conversion kit for a savage with 4.275" screw spacing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: josh1371</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anybody know where or if i could find a conversion kit for a savage with 4.275" screw spacing? </div></div>

CDI

+100 on the CDI..... Setting mine up on a 4.27" 10FP tomorrow!

MidKansas- Measure your action screw spacing.... Older stagger feeds are 4.27" newer center feeds are 4.41". Bottom metal and stocks are specific for each.

alright so there could be two fp's and they both have different spacing?

Its possible, just measure the screw spacing and know forsure. It comes down to, did you rifle have a detachable mag or was it a staggerfeed. But really, measure it, either option is supported by CDI.

Hey, I've got a 12fv 22-250 with 4.4 spacing. I noticed that all these conversions say that they are for 10 or 110 models. Will it work on my 12? If not can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fieldnstreamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, I've got a 12fv 22-250 with 4.4 spacing. I noticed that all these conversions say that they are for 10 or 110 models. Will it work on my 12?</div></div>

Yes.

Two digit model numbers, ie. "Model 10", means short action and includes 10, 11, 12, 14 and 16. Three digit numbers, ie. "Model 110" means long action and includes 110, 111, 112, 114 and 116.

What matters is if your rifle is "staggerfeed" (4.27" action screw spacing with mag well attached to action) or "centerfeed" (4.41" action screw spacing with mag well fixed inside rifle stock).

Also, +eleventy for CDI Precision...Jeff makes an excellent product and provides fantastic customer service.