• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage edge

Blazed30

Private
Minuteman
May 14, 2010
AZ
Just curious has anyone had hands on one of these rifles I am specificaly interested in the action as they say its a new "silky smooth" design lol
Oh and I performed a search in this section of the forum and didnt come up with anything thanks!

Re: Savage edge

I messed with a a 25-06 one and it was decent, its a hunting rifle thats cheaper than a stevens. for the money its probably about the best you can get.

Haven't put my hands on one. But my dealer quoted me 259 for one. With the features it comes with for that price its not a bad deal. Wonder what aftermarket parts will be offered for that new style action in the future? That's what could make it a damn good deal!

The one I handled in the store was alright in terms of action smoothness. It was somewhat smoother than a regular Savage/Stevens, but not as smooth as my brother's Marlin.