• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Savage FCP-K and SWFA SS 5-20 help.

RotARy15

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I'm setting up to purchase the SWFA SS 5-20x50 on black friday for my FCP-K and I want to purchase rings and a 20moa 1 piece base at the same time to bundle shipping.

Since I won't have the scope to measure, I need to ask anyone that has a Savage 10 FCP-K with the same scope, what base and ring combo they have.

I'd like the scope as low as possible but with room for Butler Creek caps at the end of a sun shade.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Savage FCP-K and SWFA SS 5-20 help.

EGW 20moa and Burris XTR lows work with a varmint contour, about 1/16" clearance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JaredCO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EGW 20moa and Burris XTR lows work with a varmint contour, about 1/16" clearance. </div></div>

Is the varmint contour the same or super close to mine? I have no idea what you would call this contour.

I have the FCP-K with the Burris XTR low and EGW 20MOA as well. I have had both the vortex viper 6.5-20x50 and vortex PST 6-24x50 on there with butler creek caps and have had perfect clearance. Can't imagine there would be a problem with the SWFA unless the outside bell is much larger for some reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timelinex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the FCP-K with the Burris XTR low and EGW 20MOA as well. I have had both the vortex viper 6.5-20x50 and vortex PST 6-24x50 on there with butler creek caps and have had perfect clearance. Can't imagine there would be a problem with the SWFA unless the outside bell is much larger for some reason. </div></div>

Would you happen to know the outside bell diameter of those scopes? I believe the diameter of the SWFA is listed somewhere...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timelinex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the FCP-K with the Burris XTR low and EGW 20MOA as well. I have had both the vortex viper 6.5-20x50 and vortex PST 6-24x50 on there with butler creek caps and have had perfect clearance. Can't imagine there would be a problem with the SWFA unless the outside bell is much larger for some reason. </div></div>

Would you happen to know the outside bell diameter of those scopes? I believe the diameter of the SWFA is listed somewhere...</div></div>

All 3 of them are listed "somewhere". Use your fingers.....type....google is your friend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timelinex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the FCP-K with the Burris XTR low and EGW 20MOA as well. I have had both the vortex viper 6.5-20x50 and vortex PST 6-24x50 on there with butler creek caps and have had perfect clearance. Can't imagine there would be a problem with the SWFA unless the outside bell is much larger for some reason. </div></div>

Would you happen to know the outside bell diameter of those scopes? I believe the diameter of the SWFA is listed somewhere...</div></div>

All 3 of them are listed "somewhere". Use your fingers.....type....google is your friend. </div></div>

I've been working on that. Researching too many things at once.
grin.gif

ETA: It seems that the SWFA's objective bell is bigger than those 2 scopes by around 4-5mm. So that would be about a 2-2.5mm difference in clearance. Should work. But this thread has 4 days to deliver more info.

Really liking the look of the Seekins rings. Pretty slick.

I am running a Seekings 20 moa rail with TPS low rings. Without getting it out to measure it I would say there is slightly less that 1/4" clearance between the Butler Creek cap and the barrel. I am not using a sun shade.

I just sold that rifle, it was very accurate, With that scope you should have one heck of a combination!

FYI the OD of the SS HD is 60mm

I have a Savage 10FP (heavy Barrel 308) and I am using a 20moa base/Burris XTR low rings/butler creek covers/no sunshade yet and I have 1/16 to 1/8 in space to the barrel this is without being with the rifle to measure it but it is a small space.