• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Savage FV-SR question

bruno86

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2011
Hick Town PA
What would be a good compensater/brake to replace the factory thread protector? Looking for something that would blend nicely to the barrel.

Re: Savage FV-SR question

I just dug into my AR parts and stuck a takeoff A2 on it for now. Maybe I'll find something "cooler" in the future but for now it protects the threads and looks ok.

Does anyone have experience with the DPMS Levang compensator on a 22LR? Does it tame the niose heard from sub sonic 22 ammo?

Not to derail your thread? How does your FV shoot I'm very seriously thinking about pulling the trigger?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uncledog57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to derail your thread? How does your FV shoot I'm very seriously thinking about pulling the trigger? </div></div>

I just bought it 2 days ago. I havent had any range time yet. Ive been cleaning the gun since I brought it home due to all the nasty oil and grease from the factory, setting the trigger and lapping parts of the bolt and trigger. I will def let you know how it goes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jay Park</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're okay with a stainless finish muzzle brake, try RWS. I have his MB on my centerfire rifle, and very happy with it.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1836499&page=1

But you're doing this more for looks right? I don't feel much recoil off a .22 lr round.

</div></div>

Yeah just looks mainly. Something that will take the place of the thread protector while im waiting fro my can.

I got one about a month ago,duracoted it,worked the trigger,added a miculek compensator and weaver 4-16 out of the old parts pile.This gun suprised me,shoots tighter than my kimber svt but just short of my cooper,seems to like cci green tags the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bruno86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Something that will take the place of the thread protector while im waiting fro my can.</div></div>
I wish I lived in a state that was not so gun paranoid like California.

I've had my FVSR for about a month now. It will hold MOA- 5 shots- with Wolf MT. I ditched the factory stock and put mine in a Boyds laminate sporter stock- I chose the one that's kinda like an M40. I used new bottom metal from DIP. With some adjustment to the trigger it is much more accurate rifle than it's $400 would suggest- that's with the mods.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MULLETHEAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got one about a month ago,duracoted it,worked the trigger,added a miculek compensator and weaver 4-16 out of the old parts pile.This gun suprised me,shoots tighter than my kimber svt but just short of my cooper,seems to like cci green tags the best. </div></div>

Mullethead, hows the taper from the barrel to the break? Is it pretty clean and flush or is it a big difference? Lets see some pics.