• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage FV-SR

NEW SHOOTER

Private
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2010
Horse Shoe , NC
Just placed my order a couple of hours ago. $290 out the door cash. Should have in a few days. Hoping to get a can for it at some point. My local class 3 dealer sells Gemtech but can get whatever.

Re: Savage FV-SR

You will like it. I want the tactical stock version, and I'm not going to enjoy paying nearly $200 more for it. I'm going to suppress mine as well.

Mine's on the way. Should be able to post a range report in a few weeks, I'll do so w/ and wo/ the can on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tpr564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine's on the way. Should be able to post a range report in a few weeks, I'll do so w/ and wo/ the can on it. </div></div>

What can will you be using? Thoughts? Impressions?

Gemtech Outback II. I'll write something up after a field test. I picked this particular setup to make a trainer for my 10PC. Should be a pretty good match.

Just picked up the FV SR. What a cool little 22. My freaking scope rings are too low so just ordered some new ones.

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll love it!
wink.gif

I mounted up a Tasco 3.5-10 Tactical and it shot pretty well. I didn't like the turrets on mine though so I'm waiting for a Weaver 3-10 Tactical mil/mil to show up, then I'll do some more shooting. Initially it really likes CCI Standard Velocity and CCI Subsonics. CCI Green tags shot a little better but I don't plan on spending the money to buy more of those. The only thing I didn't shoot was any Wolf .22 ammo. If I can find some match stuff I'll give it a try. The Gemtech Outback II didn't change the POI at all as far as I could tell at 100y. Paint job in process while I wait for the scope.

I just picked mine up today from a local store....$269 out the door. Mounted a little BSA fixed 4x Mil-dot on it.....looks & shoots great!

Savage 10PC .308
Leupold VXIII Tactical 4.5-14 Mil/MOA

Savage MKII FV-SR .22
Weaver Tactical 3-10 Mil/Mil

Krylon GAP

Settled on CCI Subs as the round of choice. No shift in POI with the can on and for the price/accuracy/availability is probably the best middle of the road choice for me.

IMG_0460.jpg