• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage LA 260 AI

rbeckwith

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
Ohio
Bolt fluting and Cerakote done by Marty at Twisted Barrel. Savage LA with Kevin Rayhill Woodchuck stock, Rifle Basix Sav-2 Trigger, EGW 20 MOA Base, 24 Inch Varmint Contour 9-twist McGowen barrel. Waiting on a SS HD 5-20x50!

DSCN1621.jpg

DSCN1618.jpg

DSCN1611.jpg

Re: Savage LA 260 AI

With that setup if it doesn't shoot there is no one to blame but yourself. NICE setup.

Good luck,
Merritt

Just finished my Savage 260AI. If yours is anything like mine, banging 6 inch steel discs at 630 yards is going to become boring.

You should be good to bang steel at 1000 at beyond with that setup. Nice rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should be good to bang steel at 1000 at beyond with that setup. Nice rifle. </div></div>

That is exactly what I am hoping to do with it. I live in Ohio and have access to a private 600 yard range where I have been punching paper for a long time. There are two 1000+ ranges within an hour drive of my house, so I am looking foward to trying my hand at shooting steel at that range.

I am also going to launch some 130 Hunting VLD's at some of the feral hogs that we have here in Ohio. We have a ton of them...you just can't get anywhere near them...so I thought I would try to "reach out and touch em"