• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage LE rifles

Re: Savage LE rifles

We currently use custom built rifles built on the Rem 700 action. However, given the experiences I have had with the 10FP, I certainly would not hesitate to use one on duty. I would definately want something other than the Savage factory stock but a 10FP with the McMillan, HS Precision, or even the B&C Tactical Medalist would be more than capable!

My Dept, and a few others shoots at Camp Smith here in NY, and the State Police as well as County police has a few 10FCP HSs. The State guys are kinda... standoffish :}, but having played with the County ones, absolutely impressive.

I've been a long time REm guy........but I am looking at Savage.....how do the higher end LE PAckage rifles shoot out of the box? And do you ever get used to the accu-trigger?

Also do the Savage detach mag models come with more than the 4-5 round mags. Does Savage or any afermarket outfit make 8-10 rounders?

Derek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derek Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been a long time REm guy........but I am looking at Savage.....how do the higher end LE PAckage rifles shoot out of the box? And do you ever get used to the accu-trigger?

Also do the Savage detach mag models come with more than the 4-5 round mags. Does Savage or any afermarket outfit make 8-10 rounders?

Derek </div></div>

Sharp shooter supply makes an extension kit for the FCP models, and it works very well
http://sharpshootersupply.com/

as for the trigger, I had a Savage made for me by Oneeyedmac, and I wasnt too sure if I was gonna like the accu-trigger... I love it :}

CDI can machine your savage action to accept AI AW mags with their bottom metal. Works out pretty slick.

Thanks for all of the info guys......sharpshooter supply seems to be the place. Now that I have opened my mind I wonder why more guys don't shoot Savage.......especially the price point...you can get a nice 308 in a McMillan A series from the FACTORY! for about a grand!! Plus you can swap calibers alot easier than with a remington and AICS is coming out with a drop in for Savage.........whats not to like?

Derek

even the high end LE model is just the HS stock, ken ferrel base and a mk4 leupold plus a storm case. supply the scope and case, you have a basic 10fcp-hs, just like i bought for less than half the package cost. but that being said, the package price is decent considering the scope & case costs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oltmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CDI can machine your savage action to accept AI AW mags with their bottom metal. Works out pretty slick. </div></div>

oltman, the actual metal has to be machined or did you mean stock inletted? i hadnt heard about machine work on the action

For the CDI Precision DBM setup to work, all you need to do is inlet the stock for the bottom metal no work has to be done to the action.

Nostyta is correct if you are going to use AICS mags no machining of the action is necessary.

I had mine setup for AI AW double stack mags. It only requires some very minor machining of the action.

*Edit* My 10fp is the stagger feed action, things may be different for other savage action types.

Thanks for the posts. We are getting a couple of Savage LE rifles for testing, and possible purchase. They seem to fit our dept. budget, and sounds like we will be impressed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oltmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nostyta is correct if you are going to use AICS mags no machining of the action is necessary.

I had mine setup for AI AW double stack mags. It only requires some very minor machining of the action.

*Edit* My 10fp is the stagger feed action, things may be different for other savage action types. </div></div>

Forgot to mention that I'm using the AICS mags and my 10FP is the newer center feed model so after the inletting on the stock your done.

fp is stagger fed and fcp is center fed. right? Northlander says if the mag box is attached to the action, its stagger.

tacop, any idea which model you guys are getting? i keep hearing people refer to the 10fp-le and i think thats the original version thats got a 26" barrel. now they are all 24"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fp is stagger fed and fcp is center fed. right? Northlander says if the mag box is attached to the action, its stagger. </div></div>

Northlander would be correct. The FP and FCP are just model designations they don't indicate stagger or center feed ofcourse the FCP being a new model it has the center feed but the FP models could have either staggered or center feed depending on year of rifle. The stagger feed design was changed over to the new center feed design in (can't remember year) due to the issues some were having with the stagger feed at least that's what I've read, also the action bolt spacing changed with the new center feed design, staggared feed bolt spacing is 4.275" while the center feed is 4.411".

I beleive one will be the Model: 10 FCP McMillan, and one will be Model: 10 FCP HS Precision. Neither will have scopes. We will be providing our own optics.