Savage Long Action After Market Stock

Awag1000

AKA: Space Nuts Actual
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2020
Eastern South Carolina
Not a whole lot of companies make stocks for the Savage long actions. Is there any reason for this? I want a new stock because the accustock sucks. I want to buy a flat top stock and have a local gun smith professionally inlet it. However, I have nowhere near enough information knowing what stocks will work with the savage actions. every time I email a stock manufacturer what I want I just get a super short answer like "we no longer support Savage actions." Is there something crazy different (dimensionally) with savage actions compared to a Remington 700? I really want to get something nice like a Manners stock but, like I have said before I have nowhere near enough information to make a decision yet. Thank you for your time. - Austin

b6graham

MMPRL
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Jul 29, 2014
    Boston
    stock/chassis makers (manners/mcmillan) realize 99% of people who run a savage will never spend $1,000-$1,700 on a nice stock/chassis and don't want to spend the amount of time required to program CNCs for them to do 1 or 2 a year

buy a zermatt origin and you can keep the stock savage barrel (and easily buy a replacement barrel nut or shouldered prefit)
    WAY more options for stocks, bottom metal, triggers, etc etc etc

Awag1000

AKA: Space Nuts Actual
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jan 17, 2020
    Eastern South Carolina
    stock/chassis makers (manners/mcmillan) realize 99% of people who run a savage will never spend $1,000-$1,700 on a nice stock/chassis and don't want to spend the amount of time required to program CNCs for them to do 1 or 2 a year

buy a zermatt origin and you can keep the stock savage barrel (and easily buy a replacement barrel nut or shouldered prefit)
    WAY more options for stocks, bottom metal, triggers, etc etc etc
    Gotcha. With that being said, I can buy a flat top stock and just have a gunsmith inlet it?
    I have no issue spending the money on a nice stock. My Savage has been good to me so far.
    Thanks again for your time. -Austin

b6graham

MMPRL
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jul 29, 2014
    Boston
    if you can find one to do it then go for it

but compare flat top + inletting to origin/ready to go stock

Reactions: Awag1000

John Glidewell

Rag Hole Precision
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Apr 26, 2018
    Reno, NV
    MDT, XLR and HS Precison are all good options and make stocks / chassis for Savage. If your Savage is a small shank barrel you can put it on a Big Horn but most of the 110 long actions I see are Large shank and will not work on a Big Horn action.

GONE BAD

Private
    Minuteman
    May 8, 2013
    Portland
    If you look below in (similar threads) I think you'll find what you are looking for.

You should have gotten a notification when you started posting your thread.

A lot of redundant post are a waste.

Good luck