• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage M10 Precision Carbine at the range

blfuller

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2009
Northeast Washington State
Well I finally got my Savage M10 Precision Carbine to the range. I have it configured stock from the factory with the exception of Dan's @ Dark Eagle Custom detachable 10 round mag, which works flawlessly and looks great. Also I have an Accushot BT-01 monopod installed.

The Scope I used is a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 with the MIL reticle. The rings are Burris Signature Weaver with inserts and bases are Burris tactical two piece.

The load was composed IMI NATO brass with Federal large rifle primers. The primers were from a box Federal made back when they used wood for their partitioned carrier. Bullet was SMK 168gr over 41gr of IMR 4895. This was my first handload for this rifle so I was quite happy with the results. I got it on paper with some surplus 147gr 7.62x51.

My only complaint was with the monopod. I will probably send it in to have it upgraded to the locking version or the quick knob because it wobbles a little. Any feedback on the quick knob if it locks in place or is there wobble as well?

SavageM10PC.jpg

Re: Savage M10 Precision Carbine at the range

Mine does the same, about .6" with A-Max @ 100.

Re: Savage M10 Precision Carbine at the range

What?? No pics of the weapon?? What's wrong with you?? That is just plain MEAN!!

DK