• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

savage mark ii issue

Re: savage mark ii issue

What ammo? Had issues with Winchester stuff in my 93 in 22wmr, stopped using it - CCI was better accuracy anyway.

So... what ammo? With all ammo? Fired rounds or just clearing the chamber of a loaded round?

I think I know what issue you're having as it's happening to me lately. No problems sending rounds, or feeding right? Mine fails to extract sometimes once per magazine sometimes two or three per 10 round mag. It always leaves a mark about 1/8" wide from the very top of the rim to about the middle on the non-ejected rounds. No idea what's causing it, but if I lock the bolt down and re-extract it goes just fine. I've been meaning to post about this, just always kinda blow it off lol.

Edit: Mine is the Mark II BV.

mp warrior yes that is the exact issue i am having. mine is the mark ii fvt. i only use cci sv

Mine is having the same problem with all ammo whether its a spent round or just unloading the weapon. Doesnt matter how many times I close the bolt and try to re-extract I have to use a knife or something similar to pry case out. So I would also like info on this.

Have you tried cleaning the extractors in the bolt? There might be crud and stuff built up behind the claws causing em to slip off the rim, or a dirty chamber providing more friction than normal. I haven't encountered this issue yet, but I'm only about 3000 rounds through the pipe with one cleaning, so maybe I will encounter this issue in another thousand rounds or so?

I have not had these issues with my MkII but I had them with a drop in conversion in an AR. After doig some research I cleaned the chamber and did a light polishing with some JB bore paste. I have not had any issues since then.

Aloreman, I realize you're rifle is new, but I would check to make sure the extractors move freely in their grooves. I suggest removing the extractor retention clip, clean the extractor grooves and check both extractors for any burrs or binding. Before replacing the retention clip, squeeze the ends together to compress it before installing on the bolt. Make sure you don't reverse the extractor pins. They are different. My MKII BV seems to have extraction problems with certain ammo, specifically CCI Blazer and Federal bulk. Cleaning the chamber seems to temporarily solve the problem. I have no extraction problems with CCI SV or Wolf. They have been my go to ammo. Hope you find a solution 'cause it sure is a PITA when it happens. Keep us advised.

I had this same problem. I got a mkii for christmas. It started that crap after about 10 rounds of CCI SV. I remove the extractors, and sanded them to remove any burrs. I shot it again and it didnt fix anything. Its so frustrating. I hate this rifle. I have to carry a chamber brush with me to clean out the chamber when they start sticking. I think its the wax on the CCIs. I believe the chamber is too tight. I read of others with this problem and they sent their rifle back to savage and they reamed out the chamber and fixed the extraction issue but then their rifles suffered a considerable loss in accuracy. Some polished their chambers and it seemed to fix it. I dont even know how to go about doing that.

Why the hell cant you just go buy a rifle and it work? All but 1 rifle I bought in the last 2 years had significant issued out of the box.

i may try polishing the chamber a bit. i bought the rifle as winter practice at the indoor range for my ar so its not the end of the world if it doesnt work rite all the time but it is a pain in the ass

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aloreman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i may try polishing the chamber a bit. i bought the rifle as winter practice at the indoor range for my ar so its not the end of the world if it doesnt work rite all the time but it is a pain in the ass </div></div>

especially if youre hunting...