• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Mark II TRSR upgrade question?

Tackman11

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2011
CA
Hi all,

I just picked up the Savage Mark II TRSR for training and I would like to know what kind the upgrade do I need for it to make it shoot better?

Thanks in advance

Re: Savage Mark II TRSR upgrade question?

Only thing would be depending on optics is DIP 20 moa base. Other than that they are great shooters.

Some heavy bottom metal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dan11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi all,

I just picked up the Savage Mark II TRSR for training and I would like to know what kind the upgrade do I need for it to make it shoot better?

Thanks in advance</div></div>

pretty vague to why it's not shooting good, or is it shooting good but want to have it shoot better?

just like with centerfires: try different ammos to see what it likes, which where to start first. freefloat the barrel, crispen the trigger, adjust the mounting bolt torque, clean up the crown if need be, piller or resin bed it.

the 1 piece base may add a little rigidity and will help keeping things in line, and the bottom metal will add some rigity too but if using ammo it doesn't like or having the stock expanding and contracting will out number the gains with the base and BM.

what BM do you recommend ? for 20MOA base I have the EGW one.