• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage Mark II which base?

RazrRebel

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2009
Allright I have my rifle, now I'm going to get a base. The EGW base looks like what I need. Just wondering about a 20moa or flat. I really like the thoughts of being able to reach out further but was thinking how close can you dial in with the 20moa base. I mean can I still hunt squirrels with it. I seldom shoot less than 25 yards. Just a thought, hopefully someone here could shed a little more light on the subject.

Re: Savage Mark II which base?

I have a brand new Savage MK II FV with a EGW 20 MOA Base, Barska (read garbage) rings and a Bushnell 3200 Elite scope. I can zero at 50 yards no problem and still have plenty of travel in both directions on elevation.

I have the 20moa egw base and I can get a 25yards zero and out to 100yards (and more just havn't went out farther). I have a Tasco 6-24X40 Varmit/target scope.

Thanks guys thats the answer I was looking for.

i needed the egw to get a 50 yard zero. It gives me just enough to get out to 200 yards with my scope.