• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Savage Mcmillan stock with PST 6-24-50 ring height

bhunter

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2012
Guys I need some help with right height selection. I have savage 10 308 mcmillan with vortex PST 6-24-50 and also picked up an EGW HD 20moa base. I havent mounted base yet. I want to get the Burris XTR 30mm rings and need to know what height to order. From what I have read online most are saying between low and medium rings.

Re: Savage Mcmillan stock with PST 6-24-50 ring height

I have a Seekings 20 moa base, TPS low rings with a SWFA 5-20x50 scope. Just the right height with Butler Creek caps. You can compare ring height at Midwayusa. I hope this helps.

I had the Burris Low rings on my FCP with the EGW 20 base. I had 1/4" or there abouts of clearance.

Nice, I needed this info too!
Ordered a Leupy 6.5-20x56 but it is a Lowpro with contoured notch above barrel, 20MOA weaver and low TPS rings. Sounds like it will work!

Definitely get low rings! I have the savage HS precision, EGW 20MOA base and Burris low rings. At least 1/4" barrel clearance and needed to add a Karsten cheek rest set at about 1/2" to get a good cheek weld.
Also, FWIW, this is about the 4th pair of Burris xtr rings I've owned, and quality seems to have slipped a bit lately. Thinking about going back to my $20 weaver tactical rings - yeah, that bad.

I use Warne Low rings with my EGW 20MOA base on my Savage

I will get low rings then!!!