• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage MK II-FV: factory base size??

TresMon

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2007
NW USA
Greetings,

Per the Savage MK II-FV rifle's factory bases, do they require rimfire size scope rings or are they full size stuff since it's more of a trainer?

[want to be ready when it get's here. No $ for an EGW base for several weeks yet..)

Re: Savage MK II-FV: factory base size??

I'm just going on that they are on the rifle, in the stock photo of Savage's website. ?

It's certainly sounding like your rifle was never screwed.

They should come with a two piece weaver style base.

Thanks, what size two piece weaver style??

Mine came with std Weaver bases. Instead of doing a 20 mao base, I went with Burris sig rings, with a 20 front and 10 rear insert to give me 30moa total. Looking to find another 20 1" set somewhere for 40 moa total. This will still allow me a 25yd zero and lots of up, before having to use the retical as well.

Gunfighter,

Thanks, their standard size- that was the info I was looking for.

However, your .020" plus .010" = .030" (Thirty thousandth of an inch) shimming, not 30MOA. I'm feeling rough or I would do the math for you so long as I had the other needed inputs to convert it to MOA gain.

But it's working for you, so who cares, it's just a terminology thing.

Thanks again,
T

In real terms it came in at 30moa + as the rings are closer togeather than most set ups.

I put the -20 on the bottom front and the +10 on the bottom rear, and it changed 30+ moa from the Weaver rings that were on it. This is the first time I've ever used the Burris rings with inserts. I really like them as you can taylor the cant to get the most from your glass. Wish they made a 35 and 40 inserts as well.

Awesome.

I might go that route.

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They should come with a two piece weaver style base. </div></div>

Mine came with a box...what a ripp!

What model of MKII did you buy Cheech? My MKII with the standard barrel was not drilled for mounts. Just had the regular dovetail. My MKII FV & TRR are both drilled & the FV came with 2-piece bases. The TRR came with some kind of funky 3 sided rail that you can mount a scope on top & a red dot on one side & a Bic lighter or a flashlight or anything else you can think of on the other side. I'll probably never use the silly thing & if I had known the difference I would have just ordered the TR for about $50.00 or so less money & skipped on the TRR.

My 93 FV in 22 mag came with short mounts on it from the factory, my Mk II BTV in 22lr came with taller mounts (about 1/4" difference) from the factory.