• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage MKII - TR Questions

*rim-star*

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2014
I have a chance to get a Savage MKII - TR .22LR that's new in the box, I have never owned one, how are they as far as accuracy is concerned, looks like the trigger can be tuned quite nicely, I have found some info online bout to much with match ammo really. Thanks in Advance

I’m sure others have had good luck with them but I swore off savage after buying one wouldn’t group a 1” at 50” yards with any scope I had. Sent back to savage still the same with several types of ammo I traded it for CZ and was happy it’s a hammer.

I have a TRR-SR and the last time I had it out it shot great. While I’m waiting for the V22S I’m going to do a couple things to it. Should get to the range soon. I’ll post results.

I have a Mk II FV-SR and it is a laser. It will shoot 1/4 to 3/8 groups at 50 yards with good ammo.

I think it is like gambling with a Savage. Sometimes you get lucky and get a great one and some times you get shit.

Reactions: JKW70
I have a Mk II FV-SR and it is a laser. It will shoot 1/4 to 3/8 groups at 50 yards with good ammo.

I think it is like gambling with a Savage. Sometimes you get lucky and get a great one and some times you get shit.

I hear that.....I have heard of some of them shooting very well, I guess with factory guns its a bit of luck of the draw

Reactions: Alabusa
I think it depends on your expectations. For the price, the performance may be disappointing, but you never know. Another approach could be to spend more money, and get something you know will shoot ticks are 50 yards... Just a thought...

I think it depends on your expectations. For the price, the performance may be disappointing, but you never know. Another approach could be to spend more money, and get something you know will shoot ticks are 50 yards... Just a thought...

I agree, just have a chance to get this one very reasonable....dont need it really.

I just bought a Savage MK2-FV and put a cheap Simmons 3-9x40 mil dot on it. It’s a very cheap setup and I was looking for something to plunk and just drill fundamentals hundreds of rounds at a time without busting the bank.

I zeroed it with some federal blue box 40gr, then started 5 round groupings. At 80 yards, FGMM Grouped just at an inch. CCI 40gr Blazer grouped surprisingly well at .7” and then some subsonic CCI shot like ass so I didn’t even bother checking the group.

Ive been a long time customer of Savage and have had nothing but good experiences with them. I was surprised though how much potential the little MK2 has with the Blazer rounds and it has kind of sparked this “training rifle craze” in me that I see the other guys talking about.

As a disclaimer, I’m sure somebody that fits the rifle better could have gotten even better groupings with the mentioned loads. I’m 6’1” and 220 pounds and I feel like I’m trying to group with a 10 inch nerf gun with shooting the MK2. If anyone has some stocks that’s are “tacticool” or some fixes to this, give me a shout.;)

My TRR-SR almost ready for the range. Waiting on my 3" front bag and my Jamer rear bag rider.

IMG_2601.JPG

Last edited:
I heard about the fv-sr being a 50/50 chance. I actually got lucky with mine and it got even better when I dropped it down in a Boyds tact.