• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Model 10 FCP HS Precision AT

Re: Savage Model 10 FCP HS Precision AT

Shot mine a whole bunch before I sold it for gun funds.
Trigger is very nice
Stock is good and fit and finish was good too.
accuracy and consistency with handloads were both great

Great rifle out of the box.

All threads about Savage bolt guns are not allowed here and are deleted. This is a Remington forum.

HATER, lol. moovin, whats the AT for? sounds like my rifle. look down. what do you need to know?

I was thoroughly impressed with one I just fired at the range, so I ordered one for my youngest son. I was wondering if this level of performance was common, or did I just get lucky.

Has anyone done any business with Sharp Shooter Supply? They produce upgrades and accessories for Savage rifles. Ie.; high capacity magazines

They do solid work most of the time but lead times can be ridiculous. Thats for their services though, if your just getting parts they might ship out quick?

still waiting since march last year for some 9 round mags. but i hear it will just be three more weeks. LOL. but thats what i heard in march too

I am...it's a great rifle. With my handloads (42grn of IMR 8208XBR behind a 175grn SMK), I've gotten 1/3" 5-round groups at 100!

The only downside to the rifle has been that it's spoiled me for accuracy. I'm currently fighting the itch to get something else and am having a hard time figuring out what because the Savage shoots so nicely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">still waiting since march last year for some 9 round mags. but i hear it will just be three more weeks. LOL. but thats what i heard in march too </div></div>

Same here and I also heard yesterday when I asked and they said about 3 weeks they got the supplys now it is time to make them. They "switched manufacures in the middle of things" which set them back further then normal LOL.

Anyhow I have a 10FP(same rifle minus the stock) in a Choate tactical stock and it shoots really well for nothing being done to it but a stock switch and added glass.

I got the rifle and mounted the scope. We took it to the range...
Wow!

FYI... I recently bought a Remington VTR seated it in a HS-Precision M24 adjustable stock and added a Detachable Magazine to it. It shot pretty well, but the trigger was yielding a good bit of left to right deviation in my shots.

I also shot the Remington in the new stock on the same day. Inner voices told me to give the boy the Remington, which costs almost twice as much with the mods, to the boy and keep the Savage. Shame on me...

I adjusted the trigger today. It feels so much better now. Time to go back to the range. The new Savage trigger felt sweet right out of the box. I have a newborn respect for Savage.

I asked about SSS because they don't answer the phone. They do not send an email to acknowledge an order, even though you must send them a check in advance. I too ordered some hi-cap magazines.

Anyone know of a place that can add an adjustable cheek rest to the HS LE Tactical stock on the Savage?

I haven't personelly done buisness with SSS but heard enough horror stories about wait times and getting an honest responce. I had Kevin Rayhill at Stockade Gun Stocks do work on my 10FCP and am extremely pleased with his work and customer service. His web site doesn't really give a break down of services and prices but he builds, machines actions , chambers barrels the whole 9 yards. As far as your rifle goes they are hard to beat, can't go wrong with it.

you can add a karsten cheek piece. they are what most people use if you cant get the weld up with a stock pack and padding. also XLR stocks is selling what he uses on his custom stock. you will have to look around for that post.

dude, do not send payment for them mags. really. i have been waiting since last march. people were waiting before that. the batch that they may have gotten is already spoken for. wait it out or just pony up the $$ for a CDI bottom metal and AI mags. SSS timed and tuned my action and did it in decent time. but hardly any other happy stories have been heard. people pay for stuff and they say nothing or saw it wil be X amount of time and then its always 3 more weeks or months or like me, still waiting

caveat emptor-let the buyer beware

well if you can be ok with them holding your money for a while, you will get a nice mag. i have two and will buy 4 more when i get the call from lisa. but man, i am just glad i had my action in there for a time & tune when i asked them for a few mags. they didnt require advance payment for some reason, just added me to the list. and in 3 more weeks ill have them. i just dont know three weeks from when?

Agreed. Have you fired one of their Model 10 BA .308? I have got to test fire one of these, after shooting this model 10FCP HS.

nope. my fcp is the only one i have shot. not to many savage people here, lol. its 700 country.

I have no complaints about my 10 fcp. It will be a fine rifle for the money.

@ MJMcMahon, I just started development on that xbr powder. What brass and primers are you running with?

(If you don't mind me asking)

My Savage 10fcp HS 24 5R, shot a 1.7" at 200 yards with Remington's "Premier Match" 168g SMKs.

This is my first true long range rifle so I am stoked about the accuracy.

I've just loaded up a bunch of rounds of 175 SMKs, over the respective low end loads of IMR 3031 and Varget in Win virgin brass and will, per AXEMANs advice, work up my powder load then try out different pills to find the most consistent one, then run with that load on the range then do the same for a hunting load.

I will give the IMR 8208 powder a try though, .25" is awesome.

I love my Savages. All of mine are shooters!
10 FCP HS Precision 308 running 168 SMK on BLC-2 (sorry, not comfortable sharing powder charge). Pulls consistent .6" groups and 100 yards, and 1.5" groups at 300. Just a FANTASTIC rifle.

Only draw back has been mag capacity. Still working on that.

But, it has treated me SO WELL, that I upgraded my hunting rifle from a Winchester to a Savage LRH in 300winmag.

I am not a big fan of remmy's, not that they are all bad, just the ones I have had.

New to the long range stuff and did not want to break the bank for rifle and things so I got a savage 10fcp-k 308. Very pleased with it.

This rifle is a shooter. I do not reload yet so I am using Hornady match 168 amax. Very pleased with the accuracy. I recently ordered a t4 stock from manners, it is being built now, cant wait for that. I think the accustock works, I just didnt like it.