• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Model 10 GRS Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor? Buy or Pass

5StarGunsAndGear

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2023
Saraland Alabama
Have a opportunity to buy this rifle new from local retailer for $850 in 6.5 Creedmoor marked down from $1299
Buy or Pass it has me intrigued. Rather not buy something that wont shoot well. It does look like a decent build. They are hlding it for me until tomorrow so decisions decision....

Searched around and testers really liked it and some even bought the rifle after testing.
It uses AI magazines, so no issues with feeding rounds and the stock is fully adjustable.

SJC

Reactions: 5StarGunsAndGear
All of my savages have shot well, the only one left, is one of my most accurate rifles. It isn't as smooth or refined as my tikka's or Impact actions but it is just as accurate. Sounds like a good deal since it has a decent stock and takes AI style mags.

I bought my Savage Model 10 GRS in 6.5 Creedmoor when they first came out. Love the stock and it shoots great. At first I was worried due to the me inspecting the barrel through a borescope. Contacted Savage to my concern and they said have i shot it. If not happy after shooting it, they would replace it. Still have it and have over 800 rounds through it.
Savage Model 10 GRS 6.5 Creedmoor.jpg

Last edited:
If it shoots in a fashion typical for Savage rifles, looks like a winner. That stock looks " different " from the typical Savage stocks for sure!

If it shoots in a fashion typical for Savage rifles, looks like a winner. That stock looks " different " from the typical Savage stocks for sure!
It’s a GRS Berserk stock (https://www.grsriflestocks.com/). It has an adjustable cheek riser and Butt pad. Both of which, by the way, are very comfortable. The adjustable cheekpiece has a nice, wide roll to it, and it sits very smoothly on the face without digging in. The recoil pad has some squish to it, so it won't beat up your shoulder. Both are adjusted by large pushbuttons. The forearm and pistol grip feature chunky pebbling and rubber panels.
The pistol grip is both offset and canted for the most ergonomic prone grip I've ever felt on a rifle. You don't have to twist your wrist or torque your trigger finger to get in position for the shot.
Savage offered it in the Model 10 GRS rifles.

I bought my Savage Model 10 GRS in 6.5 Creedmoor when they first came out. Love the stock and it shoots great. At first I was worried due to the me inspecting the barrel through a borescope. Contacted Savage to my concern and they said have i shot it. If not happy after shooting it, they would replace it. Still have it and have over 800 rounds through it.View attachment 8119385

How does that stock ride the bags ? forearm rubber seems it would stick and not much 'meat' to slide on the rear. Thinking of getting one but his has me asking. Thanks!

How does that stock ride the bags ? forearm rubber seems it would stick and not much 'meat' to slide on the rear. Thinking of getting one but his has me asking. Thanks!
It's really not that bad. The original front bag on the sled was not that great, but the new front square ear bag works great.

Thanks for the info!
what about the rear bag ? looks tight in the tall ears.

Does anyone know if theres a bag rider that can be attached to the butt of this stock?