• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Savage Model 10 Predator Hunter 6.5 Creedmoor load

AndrewS

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
East Valley, AZ
So I have read the sticky at the top and it seems like people are running 42+ grains of H4350 and 130-140g bullets. I will be using H4350 and 140 Berger hybrids. A buddy of mine that had this model told me to start at 40.8g and of up to 42.3g for load development. Berger lists max with that combo at 40.7g. I am fairly new to reloading and want to make sure I will not put myself in unnecessary trouble if I start with his recommended loads. I am confident in my loading skills as I load for other rifles, I've just not done my own load development from scratch before.
And thanks up front for the help. I am soooo glad I found this site recently. I have already increased my knowledge tremendously here!

Berger Hybrids can take quite a bit of time to achieve proper COAL that your rifle likes. I think 142 Sierra Match Kings may be a better choice since your fairly new to reloading. Not talking you out of the Berger, it's a great bullet. I think you will see your load development much quicker with the 142 SMK. JMHO

Berger Hybrids can take quite a bit of time to achieve proper COAL that your rifle likes. I think 142 Sierra Match Kings may be a better choice since your fairly new to reloading. Not talking you out of the Berger, it's a great bullet. I think you will see your load development much quicker with the 142 SMK. JMHO

Thanks Peterbilt. I'll keep my eye out for those to try. I love the VLD 210 hunting so much in my .300wm I got 500 of these 140's. I hope to get started on load development within a couple weeks when my scope gets here.