• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Model 12 pre accutrigger

Nosler243Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Alabama
My dad found a Savage Model 12 without the accutrigger that was built some time in the 1980's. The rifle is in good shape and has a Japan made Tasco 8-32x44 scope on it. The stock is laminated and the Barrel is the extra heavy type like the LRPV and stainless. Could someone tell me what this rifle might be worth? The guy priced it to him for 500 for the rifle and scope.

Re: Savage Model 12 pre accutrigger

Whats it chambered in? I bought a similar Savage several years ago in .223. It was blued and synthetic though. Had the heavy barrel and some kind of glass on it (sold the cheap glass and got a Nikon). Gave $425, and I think that was a tad high.

Before you jump on it, remove the action from the stock and check out the laminates around the pillars. They used to press the pillars into the drilled holes, and I had two that the wedging action had split the laminae in front and behind the pillars, ruining the accuracy. I am with Bunnyblaster...$500 is too much. You'll probably wind up replacing the glass and mounts, etc. I'd offer, if the stock is good, $370 and let him keep the Tasco. JMHO

These older Savage model 12 guns were solid as a rock. I don't think that $500.00 is to far off. Check the barrel though. I bought a 22-250 that didn't have any rifling for the first 6 inches past the throat. Shot out!

Thanks for the information. He has decided not to get the rifle. There is just to many unknown variables on that setup.