• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

savage model 93 stock suggestions?

Doughty69

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2010
TX, Fort Hood
i have the model 93 in 17 hmr and 22 mag both with the heavy barrel, im looking for suggestions for some different stocks that some of you have used in the past or are currently using. im leaning more towards the savage tr type stock but would like synthetic

Re: savage model 93 stock suggestions?

Hey Doug

Take a look at this one from Boyd's Stocks. I think it's the stock they are run'in on the TR.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Boyds-TactiCool-Savage-93-p/600-430.htm

It's not plastic, But I think it's a lot better stock for the price.

The pro's:
well built/design
Great finnish
Drops right in

The con's:
It's heavy(wood)
Depending on your model you might have to call Savage on replacement bottom metal and trigger guard/screws. But fits right up. Also the rep.s at Savage are familiar with all the parts you need to convert your model over.

Boyd's are back ordered all the time, but I called them and got one right away if color is not a problem.
No regrets so far, I've used it everyday for the last two months and it has it's fair share of bumps and dings. And has held up.

Hope this helps

James B.

thats pretty much exactly what i was looking for minus the wood but its ok, awesome thanks for your post you've been a great help. ill have to call savage about the trigger guard then shortly after put my order in for one of these
smile.gif

Doug

I think it was about 30 or 40 bucks worth of parts and shipping from Savage.

James

i was reading on the boyds site about this stock and it was saying somthing about the savage 93-E do you think this is a typo or a older model no longer in production, just curious cause i have the 93R. thanks for the price info also

Not sure on that, I called Boyd's direct and advised them of my rifle's model number etc. and they fixed me right up. Real good guys to deal with. The order desk put me on hold to see what they had ready to ship, I thought that was pretty cool of him. Came back on and told me what he could ship right away. Boom done.

My second step was to call the Savage parts desk. I explained what I was doing with my 93R and what stock I purchased. The guy knew what I needed without me explaining anything. Fixed me right up.
Just a heads up on Savage, they don't email you when the parts are shipped. Didn't scare me none though. Got the parts in about a week.

So the stock conversion went without any snags.

Hope this helps
james

PS> Doug I can post a picture here if you wanna see it mounted up.

James you've been a huge help, i appriciate all this great and in depth information, im going to start on my conversion as soon as possible, i'll let you know how it goes.

I have a Tacticool stock and my 93FV Magnum on the way. I was under the impression the gun would fit the Tacticool stock as well. Anyone know?

Gachrid,

I'm not familiar with the FV model, maybe another hide member can chime in to answer.
You can always call Boyd's.

james

Yeah the 93FV is the same as the 93R17FV. Doug, did you talk to Boyds about fitment?

i havent had the opportunity to call yet, it might actually be 3-4 months before i can call. but if you get ahold of them before i do, i would love to hear how it works out for you

McMillan m40a1 stock, Dick mentioned that the 93 series will fit in it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doug223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i havent had the opportunity to call yet, it might actually be 3-4 months before i can call. but if you get ahold of them before i do, i would love to hear how it works out for you </div></div>

Gotcha. I'll need a second stock for my MKII anyway so I'll probably drop them a line and see what they say about fitment.

just ordered a boyds for my 93fv- got the blemished for 60.00- I will let you guys know when it gets in -

Already talked to Boyds. Tacticool will fit the 93FV. Should be ordering all my parts next week for my 93FV. Need to order the parts from Savage for my MKII as well.

I'm holding out for the McMillan M40A1.
Please post some pics, if you can, of your Savage in the Boyd's stock.

Here ya go Hammer,

Nuthin fancy, not a big fan of the sand color. It's growing on me.

124.jpg