• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage MSR-10 Precision

On the one hand, it's not cool that you had to go through all that, on the other, at least you should be able to recoup most of your money since you won't be trying to pass off a used rifle with issues. I'm going to try a lightly used Dracos 260 barrel on mine as well as the Tubbs final finish kit on the factory barrel and I may even have the factory barrel shortened a couple inches in hopes that it will shoot with the ammo I already have loaded because I have far too much loaded ammo that has always shot well in 20" barrels and I don't have anything that shoots well in this 22" except half a box of 168 Fed GMM.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I've had my Savage MSR Long range now for about 2 years and love this gun. I have had zero issues with it. I shoot Hornady 140 ELD Match bullets, CCI BR primers, and H4350 powder. I have an ELF trigger , metal AICS mags, Ultradyne Apollo Max comp, Quentin Defense Fat Bastard grip, topped with a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5x27x56 FFP scope. If I do my part this gun shoots under .5 moa consistently, I love this gun. It did take a little bit for the barrel to settle in. Use BR primers to keep SD's under 10, and the ELD bullets are the trick.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I've had my Savage MSR Long range now for about 2 years and love this gun. I have had zero issues with it. I shoot Hornady 140 ELD Match bullets, CCI BR primers, and H4350 powder. I have an ELF trigger , metal AICS mags, Ultradyne Apollo Max comp, Quentin Defense Fat Bastard grip, topped with a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5x27x56 FFP scope. If I do my part this gun shoots under .5 moa consistently, I love this gun. It did take a little bit for the barrel to settle in. Use BR primers to keep SD's under 10, and the ELD bullets are the trick.
140gr ELD-Ms seem to be the ticket! If I do my part my MSR will shoot sub .5MOA all day long with the factory Hornady loaded stuff.

It's a Christmas miracle!!! :D

The rest of the family went for a bike ride so I ducked out to the range. 5 shots later I was done! Need to adjust obviously but I'm very pleased!

Reactions: Tapper
I have an msr lr in 6.5 and have the same results as many of you. .5moa with 140 eld's. Its a hammer. Real easy to shoot. Hits out to 1350 are no problem. I have never managed to make a hit or even close at 1660. I think its subsonic at that point. It is spec'd out so well out of the box the only thing Iv'e upgraded was to a 45deg safety lever. The grip got tossed immediately. Sierra precision grip is great for target shooting. Very nice rifle for the $$.

I have an msr lr in 6.5 and have the same results as many of you. .5moa with 140 eld's. Its a hammer. Real easy to shoot. Hits out to 1350 are no problem. I have never managed to make a hit or even close at 1660. I think its subsonic at that point. It is spec'd out so well out of the box the only thing Iv'e upgraded was to a 45deg safety lever. The grip got tossed immediately. Sierra precision grip is great for target shooting. Very nice rifle for the $$.

What glass are you running?

In closing, I was informed by Savage that they could not replace the defective and destroyed rifle as it is not NJ compliant (which is erroneous and incorrect). I thus asked for a full refund - and received such today.

Attachments

• savage.jpg
    savage.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: UIUCPPQ
In closing, I was informed by Savage that they could not replace the defective and destroyed rifle as it is not NJ compliant (which is erroneous and incorrect). I thus asked for a full refund - and received such today.
Thanks for the updates, PB, good to know that they will eventually do well by you. Sounds like it took some prodding, however.

If they had sent you a new one I was going to PM you about it lol