• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Prefit 6BRA???

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
none of your business
Does anybody know of a smith that has a reamer for the 6 BRA - it's basically a 6mm benchrest Ackley improved, and does prefits for the small shank savage thread?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Does anybody know of a smith that has a reamer for the 6 BRA - it's basically a 6mm benchrest Ackley improved, and does prefits for the small shank savage thread?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Have you tried the Accurate Shooter forums? There's quite a lot of talk about the 6BRA on there and someone can probably steer you in the right direction. I know Alex Wheeler is chambering up a few of these.

Thanks,

Small world. I've been following those threads and called Alex. He is 6-8 weeks backlog and will not put me in line for work until my action arrives. He also wanted $800 for the barrel and work which would be considerably more than I've ever spent.

Being in AZ our long range matches are at lower altitudes and reasonable temps during the winter so it's high season for me right now, thus not wanting to wait that long.