• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage Rifle Question.

Porter24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2011
Ohio
I got a questions for you guys. I recently purchased a savage model 112 in .223 this model is pre accu-trigger. Is it possible to buy an action for it with the accu-trigger or can I just buy the trigger somewhere?

Re: Savage Rifle Question.

Keep the action you have now and buy a rifle basix or SSS competition trigger, much better, easier, and cheaper in the long run.

I have a rifle basix trigger and would not go back. 20 minutes to install and adjust.

I like the Target Accutrigger better than the normal Accutrigger myself. I do like the normal old school trigger like you have, its really easy to adjust and set up. All you really need to do is get some smaller diameter spring steel to change the pull weight. I got the one of mine as low as 8oz but that was too low, now its up at 18oz. The RB and Timney do look pretty good.

Is there a particular reason you want the accutrigger?

As others have said, SSS Comp, rifle basic, timney......jewel may make one as well. I have a pre-accutrigger savage 10 and have run both the rifle basics, and timney. Currently running a timney at 2.5#. Any of the trigger options mentioned are going to be cheaper than buying an accu-trigger action and will likely be of better quality than the accutrigger.

Thanks for the info guys. The I have not really experienced any after market triggers. I have the accu-trigger on on of my savages and I like it better than some of my other rifles triggers. Where is the best place to find these after market triggers you named?

so with these triggers are they better because you can adjust the pull weight on them? anything else

The older pre AccuTrigger Savages (not the very earliest ones from 1958 to the mid to late 60's) have either a three screw or a two screw trigger. Either of these can be very easily tuned to be a pretty nice trigger.

My old, well worn two screw Savage trigger is one of the finest hunting triggers I've used.

I'd spend the $100+ on more ammo instead.