• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage stealth evo chassis

bob3663

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Pa
Hey guys. Quick question. Is the drake chassis savage sells with the stealth evo have any value for sale? Not a big fan of it and might wants to try the oryx chassis. Thanks fo the input.

Bob

Reactions: Rover31
Possible I would be interested in your chassis.
Please send me a message with price and bolt spacing.
Thanks

Reactions: bob3663
Chassis aside, I’ve always been intrigued by the value proposition of that gun.

Yes it does shoot better than I can. Very solid rifle. I do wish there were some changes made to it. But I do have a CNC mill. Might make some of my own changes. I’ll keep everyone posted.

Yes it does shoot better than I can. Very solid rifle. I do wish there were some changes made to it. But I do have a CNC mill. Might make some of my own changes. I’ll keep everyone posted.
Cool. Would be interested to hear.

Well I did mill off the front rail and cut three notches out of the scope rail mount. I used Seekins .92 high rings and have plenty of clearance now for the scope. I may end up cutting the back half of top price for more of a mba chassis look. It is way more comfy and the cheek price goes high enough with no mods like I’ve seen on other forums. So quick question. Who does good Cerakote and fairly cheap priced? I need quick turn around as well. Shooting season is almost upon us!!

Well I did mill off the front rail and cut three notches out of the scope rail mount. I used Seekins .92 high rings and have plenty of clearance now for the scope. I may end up cutting the back half of top price for more of a mba chassis look. It is way more comfy and the cheek price goes high enough with no mods like I’ve seen on other forums. So quick question. Who does good Cerakote and fairly cheap priced? I need quick turn around as well. Shooting season is almost upon us!!
Any pics?

02049ECA-589A-4C0D-BAD0-7B51387D30D5.jpeg

Reactions: Georgedubya
I’m a fan of it. Shoots very well. Pretty heavy which should help with recoil of the 300 wm. If you need to drop the scope height, milling the rail off the front an shortening up the scope rail is easy to do. Let me drop from 1.46 rings to .92. I used Seekins. If you go lower, I think the bolt handle will hit the scope. Trigger is stupid light on these as well. Never turned down from factory, as it would be to light for my liking.

I’m a fan of it. Shoots very well. Pretty heavy which should help with recoil of the 300 wm. If you need to drop the scope height, milling the rail off the front an shortening up the scope rail is easy to do. Let me drop from 1.46 rings to .92. I used Seekins. If you go lower, I think the bolt handle will hit the scope. Trigger is stupid light on these as well. Never turned down from factory, as it would be to light for my liking.
You could also unscrew the forend rail, I think. I’m tempted to do that with mine since I don’t need it and the scope is way too high otherwise.

You could also unscrew the forend rail, I think. I’m tempted to do that with mine since I don’t need it and the scope is way too high otherwise.
It looked funny to me. It does unscrew, but I didn’t care for the look of it. It looks cleaner imo with it milled off.

It looked funny to me. It does unscrew, but I didn’t care for the look of it. It looks cleaner imo with it milled off.
I looked at it again, and I agree. The problem is that the rail on the receiver extends too far forward, so even with the forend rail removed, you can't mount a scope any lower, and it does look stupid being cantilevered so far. I think the ergonomics of that rifle are a disaster with the Magpul PRS stock because the cheek rest cannot get high enough. I replaced mine with an XLR stock, which is great except the bolt can't be removed without lowering the cheek piece...

I looked at it again, and I agree. The problem is that the rail on the receiver extends too far forward, so even with the forend rail removed, you can't mount a scope any lower, and it does look stupid being cantilevered so far. I think the ergonomics of that rifle are a disaster with the Magpul PRS stock because the cheek rest cannot get high enough. I replaced mine with an XLR stock, which is great except the bolt can't be removed without lowering the cheek piece...
I cut the front of the scope rail down by 3-4 notches to allow for lower mount height. The ergonomics no of the rifle are spot on imho. If you look closer, you can see the scope mount is cut back a bit.

Glad I found this thread. I love my savage stealth evo and have nice glass on it. Problem is with the 56mm objective it’s impossible to get my cheek high enough on the stock and is doable from the bench but very uncomfortable prone. So the XLR stock is an option and milling the rail off? USER=129208]@phlegethon[/USER] @bob3663

Last edited:
Glad I found this thread. I love my savage stealth evo and have nice glass on it. Problem is with the 56mm objective it’s impossible to get my cheek high enough on the stock and is doable from the bench but very uncomfortable prone. So the XLR stock is an option and milling the rail off? USER=129208]@phlegethon[/USER] @bob3663

I milled off my rail on the forend and a bit off the rail mount to clear a 5-25x50 pst gen II. Worked very well.

Reactions: UPSTATERAM
I milled off my rail on the forend and a bit off the rail mount to clear a 5-25x50 pst gen II. Worked very well.
What size rings did you go with? I have AR height spur and it just isn’t comfortable with a 5-25x56

You milled the side rails off too? Did they stay the cerakote color or you had to have it redone?

You milled the side rails off too? Did they stay the cerakote color or you had to have it redone?

side rails unbolt. The top where I milled stuff is bright silver still. I need to have it re Cerakoted but haven’t gotten around to it.

Okay cool gotcha. What size scope are you running on yours?