• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Stock (TR) now at Boyds

Re: Savage Stock (TR) now at Boyds

Nice, I ordered the black textured for my MKII FV. I hope the standard bottom metal is correct since I have the old style step down barrel.

Does anyone know how to tell if your Savage 93 has the "E-Receiver" and whether you need a different trigger guard and magazine plate to work with this stock? My rifle is relatively new, I just got the GV model rifle (heavy barrel and wood stock) this past week and I was really tempted to try to find the "TR" model, but I couldn't justify the extra $250 for it, so this seems to solve my problem. It already has a detachable trigger guard and magazine plate, but it seems that the trigger guard is plastic and not metal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackimho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know how to tell if your Savage 93 has the "E-Receiver" and whether you need a different trigger guard and magazine plate to work with this stock? My rifle is relatively new, I just got the GV model rifle (heavy barrel and wood stock) this past week and I was really tempted to try to find the "TR" model, but I couldn't justify the extra $250 for it, so this seems to solve my problem. It already has a detachable trigger guard and magazine plate, but it seems that the trigger guard is plastic and not metal.

</div></div>

It looks like the Mark II is the only one that might have the E- Receiver.

read this

Several good threads on mkII non-e vs 93 non-e vs. e- anything with lots of pictures on rimfirecentral.com

^^^

Have a link,

I have a new MK2 .22lr how can I tell if its a E model? I just ordered the boyds stock, and want to pick up the right bottom metal.

It would be great to see a pic or two when someone installs one and maybe a short review. Looks cool

Does anyone know of other online place to find mag floor plates for these? Stocky's are out, and my searches haven't found any.

I really like the version of this I have for my 10/22. This one has a longer LOP, and unfortunately the inlet will need a lot more wor for a good fit. Still a great deal for the price though.

call savage and order TR parts. the mag plate is $7, the trigger guard (metal) is $22....total to me was $33 shipped.

and yes the stock is free floated.

savage021.jpg

0525001553.jpg

i have some close up shots in that album, so feel free to browse
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v426/GSRswapandslow/savage%20mk2%20project/

Thank you sir. Nice looking shooter you have there.

The top link appears to not lead to these specific stocks. I also cannot find the TR-like stock. What gives?

You're too late, the deal is over. I think they still have a couple left over in the less popular colors, but the last time I saw them they were $158 instead of the $79 that I got mine for.

Branden

Keep any eye on things, they'll have some good sales for fathers day and 4th of july (if last year is indication)

You can modify the mag plate by grinding down the rear and countouring it to fit. I ground dowen mine to fit, but then I got a new one. Which fits extremely tightly in its inletting. It won't wome out without bending, so I think I need to modify the inletting a bit.
You should also get new action screws if you have an older gun, as I do. When the stock design was changed to the inletted parts, the screws were changed by threading a greater portion of their shanks, so they can be screwed in deeper. The trigger guard is metal, instead of the old plastic style. But it is a rough casting. It really needs to be polished and smoothed up a bunch.

Here is my non E receiver 17 HMR, in its Boyds TactiKool stock.
000_2057.jpg

000_2059.jpg

Just purchased one in Olive Drab.

Website says offer still good till August 31st 2010, so fellas that werent successful last time, have another look.