• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Stock upgrades?

TexasAG2004

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
I have a Savage weather warrior 16FSS in .300WSM. I would like to upgrade the stock to a Mcmillan type stock with length and cheek piece adjustments. Does anyone know what is available ?

Thanks

Re: Savage Stock upgrades?

When I first got a savage and looked into stocks, it was hard to find any and damned annoying when they have all the nice mcmillans on midway for the 700s. BUT you can always order one from them exactly how you want it, but you will have to wait. Sometimes you can get lucky if you check their site they have some that people didn't pay for or pick up or whatever.

Other than that, I have had good luck with SharpshootersSupply for laminate wood stocks (the lvt is nice) and hs precision have worked well too. Both can be had for a good price. I have heard good things about manners too, but I have not messed with any.

+1 for sharp shooter they built one for a buddy of mine and he raves about the stock .
it sure helped shrink his groups.

im with you dude. i chose the factory HS stock option. i dont like the A5, but it they would have offered an A4 option, i would have been all over it. you can call jim at northland shooting supply and see what he has on the shelves too.

that guy that sells McM stocks here doesnt carry any that fit savage. says there are too many types or variables. i told him to just try 1 or 2. one in each screw spacing. there are alot of FPs and FCPs. one each. if one sells, replace that one. i would love an A4 and no wait. but afaik, he still doesnt have anything to fit savage. it takes some longer to recognize that there are alot of savages being sold out there

I would recommend the Tactical/Varmint or Woodchuck stocks from Stockade Gun Stocks myself. I am putting one of their elkhunters on my Savage 10ML II.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL1KKL4C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">check out Kevin Rayhills stocks at www.stockadegunstocks.com You can get all the features you want for an affordable price. Just be prepaired to wait a bit. </div></div>

Kevin is super nice and helpful. 14-16 week wait. Good Luck.

Be prepared to wait just to talk on the phone to someone at Sharp Shooter Supply. It's like calling a radio station to win free tickets to Metallica. I've spend 90 minutes continually dialing to get through to them. Customer service is way higher at Stockade.

here is how you get thru to SSS. send lisa an email withyour question and your number. she will either call you or email the answer. i always get my stuff done with them and get answers pretty fast. remember, its just her and the guy doing the work on your stuff, fred i believe. give them a bit, they are working on my bolt action and i dont want you bugging them
smile.gif

hey SSS has a nice wood laminate tactical with hook and adj cheek piece thats really affordable and good looking

I just bought one of the Choate Tactical stocks for my Savage and it works amazingly well. Its a 223 AI and I just got back from killing prairie dogs in strong winds in excess of 500 yards without any stability problems. For 200 bucks its a winner if you ask me.

For the most part you're prolly gonna have to wait for a quality stock.

I'd shoot JWPrecission a pm and see what he can do for you.

Thats is if you're wanting a Mcmillan? Well worth the wait IMO!

Manners Stocks...... bought mine from them for an older pre-accutrigger Long action Savage/Stevens

I talked to both Manners and Mcmillan to day. I was told the wait time for Manners is 14 weeks and they want me to send in my action. Mcmillan said the wait time is 14-16 weeks but they dont want my action. I think im gonna order the Mcmillan so I can get it with the molded in camo and all the accessories added I want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2 dogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just bought one of the Choate Tactical stocks for my Savage and it works amazingly well. Its a 223 AI and I just got back from killing prairie dogs in strong winds in excess of 500 yards without any stability problems. For 200 bucks its a winner if you ask me. </div></div>

That is good to hear, Jeff at CDI is inletting my Choate right now for his bottom metal. I can't wait to see how it shoots.