• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing savage target actions

rockybrashear

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
Cincinnati Ohio
with savage target actions can you order those in whatever caliber you want? im looking to get an action for a 338 rum and i didnt know if they would have that calibre or not.

Re: savage target actions

No luck for Savage Target action in 338 RUM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remington... </div></div>
lol any custom action maker should be able to change a lapua over to the RUM so you have a lot of options
lawton
stiller
surgeon etc

Contact Savage and ask them if their actions are capable of handling the cartridge's power, and if they can modify one of their actions in their custom shop to fit your cartridge base diameter.

Greg

The Savage actions can handel the diameter of the RUM cases and the pressures , in actuality if the steel were the same the Savage would be stronger due to the smaller thread pitch , if the barrel is setup with the shoulder like the Remington
I'm not real framiliar with the Savage target actions but i think you may have issues ejecting loaded rounds due to the port size.

I'd drop a line to Kevin Rayhill , he is one of the better known Savage builders and i know he has several wildcats on the 338 Lapua case in Savage actions. Nathan Dagley also has done alot of builds on Savage actions , give him a call and disscuss your needs

Kevin Rayhill's Web site : http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/

Nathan Dagley's web site http://www.tiptopwebsite.com/websites/index2.php?username=ssgcustomrifles&page=1: