• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage TR Minute of Bug Accuracy

Neo

FFL/SOT
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2009
Northeast Ohio
Just how accurate is the Savage TR? Well I was @ the range this AM confirming zero and shooting a couple Dot Drills @ 100 yards with the 308. I didn't bring a whole bunch of ammo and was gonna pack it up when I remembered I had the 22 in the back of the Blazer. So I go grab it and get set up and start shooting some groups when a damn fly lands and starts walking around on the target above the one I'm shooting distracting the hell out of me. So I half-assed aim @ it and let one go missed alittle low and right. The little bastard didn't even move now I'm pissed so I take my time and squeeze off another.

Here are the results.

000_0029.jpg

Hope you all like it.
grin.gif

Re: Savage TR Minute of Bug Accuracy

Gotta work on that dot drill!

Jk lol!

I'd be so spoiled if I shot a bug lol

Shooting flies is a hoot. Smear some bacon grease on your target and you'll have all sorts of fun critters to shoot at.

I'm think we should issue a rimfire challenge. Most amount of critters shot on 3"x5" card or something. :)

Charlie

That's pretty cool. What kind of ammo does yours like?

has anyone seen the actual Savage ads in some of the shooting mags where they have the pic of the fly getting drilled with words to the effect of "your new fly swatter"? You should send that to them or if you have a facebook account (what Hide member doesn't after the SS HD deal...), go post it on their page. They'd love it, guaranteed! Oh yeah, BTW - Nice shot!!

Darn nice shot... next time try just clipping the wings off the critter --
grin.gif

From the ammo I have tried it shoots Wolf Match Extra the best. Wolf Target and CCI Std. are a close second.

I will have to try some wolf in mine. So far cci standards have been pretty decent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wdhigh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will have to try some wolf in mine. So far cci standards have been pretty decent. </div></div>

In my MKII FV mounted in a Tacticool stock, CCI Standard Velocity and Wolf Match Target will shoot to same POI at both 50 and 100 yards. The CCI SV will have a slightly larger group than the Wolf so I shoot a bunch of both depending on what I can find at the best price.

Charlie

Excellent! I had the exact same thing happen a few days ago. Mine is a Savage MKII BV. Shooting CCI Standard velocity. Target was at 50 yards. Picture sucks because my phone sucks.

0701011818.jpg