• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage TR stock fit a pre-Accutrigger MKII?

Re: Savage TR stock fit a pre-Accutrigger MKII?

I wanted to get a factory laminated thumbhole stock for my left handed pre-accutrigger .17HMR but was told by Savage that it would not fit. Unfortunately, they did/could not tell me what would have to be done to make it fit.
I for one would certainly be interested in knowing what is required.

I did it w/ a boyds evolution that was advertised for the 93's and MKII accutrigger models. With a little bit of grinding and bedding it works fine. The only grinding i had to do was in the cut out for the bolt handle, and the safety. And i had to add a shim under the rear action screw post because the bolt hit the top of the cheek rest when trying to chamber a round. After that it was just bedding, because it fit a bit sloppy.
guns014.jpg

Mine was a non accutrigger, pre E receiver 93R17 that I mounted in a Boyd's TactiKool stock.

I believe mine is pre E-receiver. Mine is chambered in .17M2, and when i bought it from dunhams last year the guy told me it had been on the shelf since the ammo was first available. So im guessing 2004.

I have a 93 17hmr pre-accutrigger and mine was tight in the barrel channel, safty switch and short on the studs near mag well. Sent it to the guy's at Predator Customs and they opened it up and bedded it. Jim said it was just a lot easier that way. While it was there I had them spray it FDE instead of the tan it comes in. Be warned the green is not a good match to od and the tan is to light in my opinion.

The E receiver is a bit longer than a non E receiver, but the E receiver barrel is smaller in diameter where it meets the receiver. The non E receiver barrel stays the the same diameter as the receiver for a distance of 4", then it steps down. So, you need to open the barrel channel up for that larger section of barrel to fit.
The E receiver also extends slightly farther to the front. However, the rear of the Accutrigger extends a bit futher to the rear. That leaves a small gap under the rear of the receiver due to the inletting in the stock, that is a fairly simple matter to fill with bedding compound.
EreceiverA.jpg

EreceiverB.jpg