• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage TRR 22lr

Dantrom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2009
northwest ohio
Saw a new (to me) Savage called the Mark TRR in a catalog today and do not recall seeing anything on it here…
Wondering if anyone had some pros or cons about this rifle? I have been considering a Ruger 77/22 but the price tag has me considering something a little less costly!

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Re: Savage TRR 22lr

Basically just a MkII TR with big ugly 3-rail mounts, a synthetic tacticool-styled stock, and a threaded barrel. Oh and a bigger price tag than most of Savage's line too IIRC

Doesn't make any sense to buy this one over something else unless you specifically want the threaded brrel or if you like the rails, or even if you want the synthetic stock over the painted laminate stock on the TR model.

Everything else is the same and should shoot just as well as Savage's usual offerings.

HTH

-Dylan

I see what you mean now! I as looking in a cheaper than dirt main catalog when I posted and the picture they show is of the mark tr and is labeled trr! Sorry for the mix up, and thanks for the heads up in that!

Yeah no problem, anything to help out a fellow shooter
smile.gif

Good luck,
-Dylan

I scored one of these off the prize table at a recent match (Thanks Savage!)... an absolute blast to shoot.

FYI, the tri-rail thing is just a scope mount -- I never even installed it. Right now it has $8 worth of weaver bases from the local gun shop -- though eventually it will wear an EGW 1-piece base.

I think this model is actually the way to go if you want the tacticool style stock and are interested in a suppressor at some point.

Has anybody seen these in stock lately. My dealer has had a heck of a time finding any of these,

My smithy-dealer sourced one of the Savage Mark II FV-SRs for me last week. It's the cheaper version with a 16" barrel and one rail. I love it. Crazy quiet with my SS Sparrow. I'm in Louisville so PM me if you want his contact info.

orig.jpg