• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Savage w/ Weaver scope base.

Jesse1973

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2012
I am in the planning stages of rifle purchase. I am pretty sure that I am going with the Savage 110 HS Precision .I was wondering if anyone here has used the Weaver 20 MOA scope base on this rifle or one similar?Was also wondering what the height of the base is above the barrel so I can decide which height rings I need.The scope I will be using will be a Vortex Razor 5-20x50 .

Re: Savage w/ Weaver scope base.

I measured this base(WR-MT-EXTRMG-99494) at 7.69" in length, .375" in width at the back, and about .3" at the front. These measurements are from the top of the rail to lowest point of the curve that matches up to the receiver. the front measurement is only an approximation. It was difficult to measure because the mounting surface sits back from the edge because it is the extended base. Hope this helps!

Chase B.