• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SB Body die?

300ATT

Induna
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2008
Denver CO
I have been experimenting with Lee Collet neck sizing dies and the results are promising so far. So before I go and purchase some body dies for .243 and .260 is there any good reason to purchase the small base versions of over the regular version? I am not running the ammo in a gas gun. Ammo will be used in the same chamber only on an AI AT and I am not sure that they SB dies will provide any advantage (except to the move and squeeze the brass around more).

Thanks

My favorite method for sizing is to bump the shoulder with a Redding body die then, following the instructions from Lee, run the cases through the Lee Collet Dies. Takes all the runout out of the necks and gives the right amount of tension. The problem is they don’t make the collet die in the caliber I’m currently going to and I’m not sure I want to pay $75 for a custom die.