• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SBR Case... SHOT 2014????

DP425

I’d rather be sleeping
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
MI
So MI is poised to legalize SBRs... I plan on picking a couple up...

I'd like a good case to keep one in. Hopefully I'll end up with a SIG 556Xi (20.2" folded). This will qualify it also as a pistol here in Michigan, which means I can carry it around concealed, ready to rock anywhere I can take any other pistol.

Now, I feel like I saw a case or two at SHOT this year that was very well thought out and designed specifically to carry an SBR or a carbine in a rather discreet manor. Do you think I can remember who makes it?? Nope... sure can't. I can't even recall what it looked like and what it was made out of. It may have been some sort of back-pack with a quick access compartment, or maybe even some sort of business case. I just cannot remember what it was that caught my attention. Or maybe I'm absolutely nuts and didn't see anything like what I'm talking about?

Anyway, if you were at SHOT and know what I'm talking about, please, help me out. Otherwise, I'd take suggestions... but note I'm not interested in tennis racket cases and things of that nature. I also already have some LT Covert Carry Cases (which I believe are actually tactical tailor?) Not looking for something improvised, but built with an intended purpose.

Thanks!

Tactical Tailor Phantom Trekker bag comes to mind as you can hold a loaded rifle in it. It's going to be a bit taller than your standard backpack though. What is your intended use and are you wanting to carry it broken down or fully assembled and ready to rock?

Fully assembled, ready to go. And we're only talking 20.2"; smaller than an AR SBR

vertx.com has some new ones out
I don't love Larue but I have one if theirs
also, ceylon has some descrete eberlestock bags

vertx is the only new one. If you have trouble finding them let me know and I can link them

Noveske has a backpack for a sbr. I made mine to fit in a standard backpack. LAW Tactical folding mech lets it fit nicely in this backpack.

Well I have no idea... now I'm wondering if I really saw this or if I imagined it!!

Deff not looking for the "classic" ways of hiding an SBR. Shibumi may be onto something, but that's similar to noveske backpack. Could be a good option though.

[MENTION=40138]Here2Learn[/MENTION] it's a. 7.5" Noveske barrel with the KX3. Handguard is a Seekins 9" BAR