• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sbr Handguard suggestion

Thereaper1313

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2020
Looking for handguard suggestions for a bcm sbr build. 11.5 barrel. Looking at either a kac uxr 3.1 or a bcm Qrf. Not sure if the kac is worth the extra money. Interested in barrel nut quality, durability and overall ruggedness.

Last edited:
I’ve used BCM KMR and Seekins Nox handguards with good outcomes. Quality products. I like the Seekins a bit better. Feels better in my hands. Here’s their 10in handguard on a 10.5in barrel.
745D334B-153A-46BA-8B84-484B134E6E89.jpeg

Reactions: Thereaper1313
I have mostly Geissele and Noveske.
If you don't mind Keymod, JoeBob has $90/100 NSR's. Worth it.

My go to:
Geissele

Noveske

SLR

Forward Control Designs
Cross Machine Tool

Bootleg

I have mostly Geissele and Noveske.
If you don't mind Keymod, JoeBob has $90/100 NSR's. Worth it.

My go to:
Geissele

Noveske

SLR

Forward Control Designs
Cross Machine Tool

Bootleg
Looking at picatinny quad rails. I really like rails vs key mod or mlok; personal preference. I have heard issues with bcm rail flexing and not holding zero for lasers and sights. I can't imagine a situation that would cause that kind of flex but I figuired I'd check here first before jumping on a kac instead.

I like the BCM rails, but have not tried the Seekins.

Am still a bit miffed the flush cups on the URX on my rifle pop loose with any brand of QD I have tried. (Have not purchased the KAC ones due to stupid price compared to Grovtecs)

I’m a Geissele kinda guy and then Midwest industries is my second pick for free float. I have 3 of each. If you’re running a delta ring type set up I’ll sell you a kac ras cheap.

I’m a Geissele kinda guy and then Midwest industries is my second pick for free float. I have 3 of each. If you’re running a delta ring type set up I’ll sell you a kac ras cheap.
Started looking at some geissele rails from the suggestions on here. Doing a little research. I'll hit you up with a pm on that kac rail for another project.

Bcm K or MMR, noveske nsr and lancer carbon fibers have some of the best type of barrel nuts to hand guard fits I've used. Really slick setups on all of those.

I’ve used BCM KMR and Seekins Nox handguards with good outcomes. Quality products. I like the Seekins a bit better. Feels better in my hands. Here’s their 10in handguard on a 10.5in barrel.
View attachment 7413304
You may only be able to get a hold of Geissele hand guards and even those are becoming more rare. Unfortunately this current parts climate is becoming annoying.

URX4 is better. More solid, lighter and, uh, just better. Torques on ridiculously tight, like a monolithic upper. URX2-3 use alum. barrel nuts and special wrenches to install. Heavier, bulkier, more expensive and a pain in the ass to work with. You'll need a new barrel nut FWIW if you ever take it apart.

Both 11.5:
URX4, 10"? Has a Lilja Grendel bbl. and it's not a full 11.5", they include the bbl. extension as part of the length so probably closer to 10.5? Same difference, I think you'd use the same tube anyway it just fits a bit closer on this one.
IMG_0882.JPG

URX2, 10.75", just enough room for the can to fit.
IMG_1287.JPG

Compared to a Tavor without the can. Tavor has a 17"bbl. (this one is a 9mm). Same exact length, WAY more umph. Tavor isn't a tack driver but it is one helluva CQB and intermediate fighting rifle. And no form 1. Everybody oughta have one of these IMO.
IMG_1289.JPG

Reactions: Thereaper1313
SLR Ion Lite. 10.5” HG with a 11.3” barrel. Just givin yah more options...

B457F2C6-D3D2-4878-AE03-FBC007AECC7E.jpeg

088E908E-2F8D-4445-ABB8-FED9665BC15F.jpeg

Love the suggestions. Ended up buying a Geissele mk4 today. I read great reviews on their rails, and bcm seems to be non existent at the moment. Also geissele's barrel nut seems to be a bit above Kac.