• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SBR/PISTOL?

Probably a half dozen. But it’s just fodder, we don’t know what he’s actually going to do shirt of banning a bunch of stuff. Did you have a specific question?

Thanks for your response. I am debating ...registering my lower as SBR (currently has pistol brace) or purchasing a dedicated SBR.

I feel pretty strongly Biden will ban AR’s to some degree. I wondering if it will be like the old “Pre-Ban” days.

Thanks for your response. I am debating ...registering my lower as SBR (currently has pistol brace) or purchasing a dedicated SBR.

I feel pretty strongly Biden will ban AR’s to some degree. I wondering if it will be like the old “Pre-Ban” days.
If it was me, I’d buy another one and register them both as SBR’s.
Here’s the thing though, buy it as a pistol so you can have it then form 1 is much faster

Reactions: trauma1
If you already have a lower, just form 1 it as they have been turning in about 30 days. If you buy a manufactured SBR, you are going to have to form 4 it and those are taking 8 months or longer. Just my 2 cents.

Form 1 is so easy and your better off just paying the stamp. I've just registered all my HK and LWRC as SBRs.

Pistol is more useful as a car/truck gun. If it comes time to Form 1 it then do it then. You could also have both as others have suggested.

I would leave it a pistol. Why would you want to declare it an SBR and put yourself on the come get mine first list? The guys with stamps will be the first ones to go down!

I would leave it a pistol. Why would you want to declare it an SBR and put yourself on the come get mine first list? The guys with stamps will be the first ones to go down!
I don't think you're entirely correct.

Those of us "stamp collectors", have paid the kings tax, and have shown that we don't mind and would/will do it again. With that in mind, the same king knows EXACTLY whats on that list.

Do you think the "round up squad" is going to go places with FA weapon systems, and potentially DD's, before they grab the guys that frequent the wal mart ammo aisle?

I think the swamp likes their dough, and NFA items will be the first to be placed on a "pre-ban" list of sorts.

No one knows what he will do but i can almost grantee they will be taking lessons from the laws CA and NJ have been passing to make the AR15 as useless and hard to get around as possible if they have their way.

Our fate lies in the senate and SCOTUS so instead of posting on here about how to prepare for what AngryJoe is going to do i politely suggest your efforts should be centered on letting your representatives know that infringement on the 2nd will not be tolerated.

Our fate lies in the senate and SCOTUS so instead of posting on here about how to prepare for what AngryJoe is going to do i politely suggest your efforts should be centered on letting your representatives know that infringement on the 2nd will not be tolerated.

Especially if you have a record of voting as well as a record of voting during the primaries, you can let them know if they want to take away your 2A rights or infringe on them, you'll be happy to work as hard as you can to get them voted out in the next primaries.

Yeah you’re right, not having a real stock is way more useful than having a real stock, but it’s a magical thing that just happens when you put it in a truck.
Haha, not my rules...just the retarded ATF.

SBR it. if you are a gun guy and think your not on a "list", its time to put the pipe down. Your on a list unless you pay cash for everything, do not read or post on any forums, and never walked into a gun store and filled out a 4473.

SBR it. if you are a gun guy and think your not on a "list", its time to put the pipe down. Your on a list unless you pay cash for everything, do not read or post on any forums, and never walked into a gun store and filled out a 4473.
Also, if Biden does succeed in getting Congress to add most semi auto rifles to the NFA the e-forms Form 1’s are going to slow down from 27 days to 27 years. I’d rather have a few done before any rush.

I thought for now ATF has withdrawn their whole "advisory" that your AR with a pistol brace "may or may not be an SBR - you decide, and if you get it wrong you're a felon".

Ultimately, it's difficult to predict how this is going to shake out. Depends on who controls the Senate, what SCOTUS may do, etc. Another more comprehensive AWB is certainly possible. So is requiring everyone to register their AR's, AK's, etc with the ATF, regardless of barrel length. And if they do this I can see having to pay $200 for each rifle you register, just to f*ck us.

Having said that, I've SBR'd two rifles in the past, currently have two SBR applications pending (which lets you know where I stand on this) and purchase enough gun related stuff that I have no doubt I'm on their radar already. My hope is that, having already paid Uncle Sam for my tax stamps, done all the appropriate paperwork, etc. will make it harder for them to say: "sorry, you can't own these guns anymore". But maybe that's naive.

I do think everyone needs to take the long view though. It may not happen in the next four years. Maybe not in the next 8 years. But this is only going to go in one direction - towards more gun control. Eventually gov. is going to, at minimum, require some kind of federal registration, and probably another ban. If nothing else, the demographics are against us. I'm in my 60"s. I suspect the average age of people on this forum is north of 40, maybe north of 50. Although this is a generalization, younger people tend to be less interested in guns/shooting (except in video games) and more in favor of regulation/confiscation. As we become an increasingly smaller percentage of the population it's going to become harder and harder to resist the forces that want to regulate us out of existence.

I thought for now ATF has withdrawn their whole "advisory" that your AR with a pistol brace "may or may not be an SBR - you decide, and if you get it wrong you're a felon".

Ultimately, it's difficult to predict how this is going to shake out. Depends on who controls the Senate, what SCOTUS may do, etc. Another more comprehensive AWB is certainly possible. So is requiring everyone to register their AR's, AK's, etc with the ATF, regardless of barrel length. And if they do this I can see having to pay $200 for each rifle you register, just to f*ck us.

Having said that, I've SBR'd two rifles in the past, currently have two SBR applications pending (which lets you know where I stand on this) and purchase enough gun related stuff that I have no doubt I'm on their radar already. My hope is that, having already paid Uncle Sam for my tax stamps, done all the appropriate paperwork, etc. will make it harder for them to say: "sorry, you can't own these guns anymore". But maybe that's naive.

I do think everyone needs to take the long view though. It may not happen in the next four years. Maybe not in the next 8 years. But this is only going to go in one direction - towards more gun control. Eventually gov. is going to, at minimum, require some kind of federal registration, and probably another ban. If nothing else, the demographics are against us. I'm in my 60"s. I suspect the average age of people on this forum is north of 40, maybe north of 50. Although this is a generalization, younger people tend to be less interested in guns/shooting (except in video games) and more in favor of regulation/confiscation. As we become an increasingly smaller percentage of the population it's going to become harder and harder to resist the forces that want to regulate us out of existence.

There is a large part of the younger community that support the second.

But the issue is that for decades the argument has been that we need our guns for hunting, competition, and self defense.
which while there is nothing wrong with any of that and they are all valid arguments those arguments have hurt us in the long run because that all anyone thinks of firearm ownership as.

you are either willing to let more children die to protect your hobby or you support more gun legislation. Self defense? our society has been so sheltered from the wickedness of some people for so long that they dont even recognize there is a threat anymore. the irony is that the 2nd Amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting or competition and while im sure they definitely agreed with the right to using a firearm defensively not even that was the primary purpose.. Our ancestors would slap us square in the face if they heard that bullshit.

Last edited:
Yeah you’re right, not having a real stock is way more useful than having a real stock, but it’s a magical thing that just happens when you put it in a truck.
You do have the magical ability to drive across state lines without asking uncle sugar for permission.

Also many states have laws against driving with a loaded rifle....since a braced AR is a pistol, its treated like a CCW.

I don't think you're entirely correct.

Those of us "stamp collectors", have paid the kings tax, and have shown that we don't mind and would/will do it again. With that in mind, the same king knows EXACTLY whats on that list.

Do you think the "round up squad" is going to go places with FA weapon systems, and potentially DD's, before they grab the guys that frequent the wal mart ammo aisle?

I think the swamp likes their dough, and NFA items will be the first to be placed on a "pre-ban" list of sorts.
Abso-fuckin-lutely they are.

1) they already have you on a list and know exactly what you have

2) they know you follow the law, and will be more likely obey with their commands more willingly than some backwoods hick

If you have a stack of stamps....you have some money....you have something to lose.....most people with money aren't going to give up their comfy life and go to jail

Abso-fuckin-lutely they are.

1) they already have you on a list and know exactly what you have

2) they know you follow the law, and will be more likely obey with their commands more willingly than some backwoods hick

If you have a stack of stamps....you have some money....you have something to lose.....most people with money aren't going to give up their comfy life and go to jail
Therein lies the problem with stereotypes. What about the old timer who DGAF since he complied with MG amnesty the last time around? Or the rest of the law abiding CONSTITUTIONALISTS who are tired of being trampled on? Regardless, uncle sugar likes his dough, so its doubtful the NFA will go away.

However, if its a fight they're looking for; you got me all wrong my friend, along with a damn lot of others just like me

Not sure if it's still up? But Bidens gun plan was on his election website. Go look at that, and there's a start of what they want to do, but hopefully they will have obstacles in their way every step.