• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors SBR Side Arm?

y2ksurvivor

Private
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2009
So i have a .40 PT140 which is an excellent med. frame pistol but I want something with a high mag cap for my side carry. So I have decided to build an SBR. I figure all said and done tax stamp included it should not cost more than $800. I want to build the SBR off of an MPA 11 9mm side cocking with top rail. I would add an AR stock adapter with the Shorty ACE skeleton stock. I have a nice Kobra red dot waiting for it and all I would want after that would probably be a muzzle break and maybe a forward grip. Anyone shoot/own a MPA or know of a better route to go? I have hear good things about MPAs but I figured more opinions would not hurt.

Re: SBR Side Arm?

I'v had the MPA M11 uppers .. they ran ok when they ran. Honestly if you want an SBR .. don't F around .. build an AR and be done with it .. way more versatile!

what do you mean by "side arm"

if you are refuring to using an SBR as a consealed carry weapon....in most states it isn't ok.

you can do a AK or AR pistol....just no stock.

one of the guys that i ride motor cycles with bought a AK pistol just for his sadle bags.

ARs bore me. I've been down that road before. Not saying they are bad they are really nice but everyone and their mother owns one I want a project pistol/rifle. And I realize you cannot CCW with an SBR. I already have a CCW PT-140. I just want a small pistol caliber carbine. Now If I had the cash I would buy an MP7 that's not an option though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what do you mean by "side arm"

if you are refuring to using an SBR as a consealed carry weapon....in most states it isn't ok.

you can do a AK or AR pistol....just no stock.

one of the guys that i ride motor cycles with bought a AK pistol just for his sadle bags. </div></div>

One Texan to another, in Texas, that IS ok. You can carry a rifle on your person, with no license whatsoever. A CHL is only required for handguns. Everything else is A-OK. Not to say you wont get some funny looks, and police questioning through, but you wont be breaking Texas law.