• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics Scammers trolling the WTB’s

ATX85

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2020
Just a heads up to anyone with WTB’s up, I’ve had 3/4 responses turn up to be obvious scams with new users grabbing pics from old classifieds and posts to use as their own.
Thankfully a quick check showed no feedback and accounts less than 90 days old on all 3.
Some showing wrong model #’s, different scopes from day to day or imposed notes with username and date. (It’s helpful but easily faked now).

Always do your due diligence!
One guy even tried to call me with an attitude claiming he has medical bills, needed the money and demanded a call back🤷 That’s how ya end up on a list 🤣

Just a friendly heads up, the Hide has always been great but popularity and high traffic will always being trouble.

Yeah, I reported one and I see he hasn’t been banned yet. Just gotta protect yourself and be smart.

got scammed by a chink a few weeks ago on another site , say what u will about paypal, they came thru and sided on the case for me and returned my $475. Knock on wood, everyone i've dealt with on here has been on the up and up

Reactions: SniperBro
got scammed by a chink a few weeks ago on another site , say what u will about paypal, they came thru and sided on the case for me and returned my $475. Knock on wood, everyone i've dealt with on here has been on the up and up
Did you use G&S or FF? I’m assuming G&S if they reimbursed you. Either way, I’m glad they did.

I had one hit me up and checked his profile. Had joined 9 minutes before. I had him all over fucking with him acting like I was gonna send him money. Think he finally figured out I was fucking with him. Maybe it was when I said I would send him $1500 but he had to let me put it in his old ladies arse!!🤣🤣🤣

I had one hit me up and checked his profile. Had joined 9 minutes before. I had him all over fucking with him acting like I was gonna send him money. Think he finally figured out I was fucking with him. Maybe it was when I said I would send him $1500 but he had to let me put it in his old ladies arse!!🤣🤣🤣
Same thing last night for me, joined 5 mins prior to messaging me.

I been asking for random household items be take with the items in the pictures and then asking for multiple angles. Then using my powers of story telling. I try to see if they will send me money so I can send them the payment.

Then report it.

Was looking for an MPR chassis the other day had a guy reply (within min) saying he knew a guy that had one check his account and it was 2 days old, by the time I went to report him his account was gone! Keep an eyes guys!

Well they must can't find pics of Badger M5 cause I've gotten no responses lol

Don't you have to pay to use classfields though?

• Haha
Reactions: SniperBro
Well they must can't find pics of Badger M5 cause I've gotten no responses lol

Don't you have to pay to use classfields though?

Only to sell .......Anyone can buy or browse the px

Reactions: 5RWill
Here is one way to qualify the seller:
Ask them to send you a pic of themselves, with the merchandise, holding their driver license.
I like this, I have had some I was nervous about, I buy a considerable amount of goods here and would like to think we are all honest

When they say they have the item just ask them if it has a certain non existent specific part. Most scammers won’t know what it is and say it has it to satisfy the buyer

WTB: NF ATACR
Buddy has one for sale
Does it have the tracking converter? I need that.
Yes it definitely has it
End of conversation

• Haha
Reactions: Snuby642
I've been lucky with my purchases on here so far. But every dog has his day I reckon.