• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scar’ed For life

Jager247

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2011
VA
I went to the gun store on Saturday to buy another DD V7 pistol, but walked away with this little girl instead. Although it was a toss up between this and a Armorlite 50bmg. But I just couldn’t justify the 50 cal with only being a range toy and not very practical.

anyways, I was having some trouble deciding on optics, so the first day I took my 1-6 Burris off my Scar 17 just to play around On Sunday. Tuesday I picked up a Leupold 6.5-20 LRP. This is my first scope in MRad All of my other scopes have always been MOA, so now I’m learning how to read and understand it. Any pointers would be great.
D9324CC7-D884-48D0-A003-F54D956D0145.jpeg

First things, First... get that cantilever scope mount off that rig before the SCAR eats it! Look to ADM for a mount, they have a whole line dedicated to the SCAR...

Reactions: Jager247
First things, First... get that cantilever scope mount off that rig before the SCAR eats it! Look to ADM for a mount, they have a whole line dedicated to the SCAR...

isn’t that just a myth? I’ve ran that same mount on my 17 for 3 years with no issues. I’ve heard of some cheaper optics not being able to hold up to it, but never heard of a decent scope breaking on a scar.

isn’t that just a myth? I’ve ran that same mount on my 17 for 3 years with no issues. I’ve heard of some cheaper optics not being able to hold up to it, but never heard of a decent scope breaking on a scar.

It's not, wish I could find that video someone did where they show you in slow mode the recoil of a 17 firing. And when you see it on a cheap and cantilver mount, the amount of flex. When measured the recoil impulse on a 17 is greater then on a 50 bmg!

It's not, wish I could find that video someone did where they show you in slow mode the recoil of a 17 firing. And when you see it on a cheap and cantilver mount, the amount of flex. When measured the recoil impulse on a 17 is greater then on a 50 bmg!

Most 50's don't have 5lbs of bar stock flying around inside of them 😂

Most 50's don't have 5lbs of bar stock flying around inside of them 😂
You could kill someone with the SCAR BCG. Grab by op-rod the piston interacts with and chuck as hard as you can!