• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Scar 17 best battle rifle?

These guys LOVE the idea, but if you listen to the cons you'll be shocked.

most people that use them don't report the same issues, but then maybe these guys are using full auto or something that civilians don't encounter. all i can say is the overwhelming feedback is thousands of rounds and no issues.
the scar platform in general has a reputation for outstanding reliability and this is also backed up by the armorers at Battlefield Vegas, where 100,000s of rounds are fired through their guns.

for me, not expecting to use this in combat unless there is a zombie invasion, i prefer the cleaner short piston system and being able to send more than a couple hundred rounds downrange before having to clean the weapon. the zombies won't understand the time out rules for cleaning my gun.

Reactions: thedude824 and N-C
I own these four semi auto 308/7.62 rifles-San Swiss Sig751, KAC SR25 EMC, HKMR7.62A1 and SCAR17S. I have never had or probably ever will have the need to use any of them as a battle rifle but I can say that if only one of them had to go it would be the SCAR. Both the HK and SCAR have Gieselle triggers, the other two have fantastic triggers from the factory. Whatever rifle you own or like should be your “best!”
8A62635D-60EC-4141-8169-13013B7D5137.jpeg

Reactions: N-C and theLBC
most people that use them don't report the same issues, but then maybe these guys are using full auto or something that civilians don't encounter. all i can say is the overwhelming feedback is thousands of rounds and no issues.
the scar platform in general has a reputation for outstanding reliability and this is also backed up by the armorers at Battlefield Vegas, where 100,000s of rounds are fired through their guns.

for me, not expecting to use this in combat unless there is a zombie invasion, i prefer the cleaner short piston system and being able to send more than a couple hundred rounds downrange before having to clean the weapon. the zombies won't understand the time out rules for cleaning my gun.

In the video one guy states that when he went abroad they recieved a log of errors that was full and they wrote a similar log before headding back to the US, so it sounds like "a thing" thats real.....

I own these four semi auto 308/7.62 rifles-San Swiss Sig751, KAC SR25 EMC, HKMR7.62A1 and SCAR17S. I have never had or probably ever will have the need to use any of them as a battle rifle but I can say that if only one of them had to go it would be the SCAR. Both the HK and SCAR have Gieselle triggers, the other two have fantastic triggers from the factory. Whatever rifle you own or like should be your “best!”View attachment 7103586

So are you saying that if you had to sell one it would be the scar or if you had to take one into battle it would be the scar?

I have owned all of those other than the KAC(substitute an LMT and Larue OBR and tOBR)

The HK was my favorite with the Larue in second.

Like others that have responded, I find the term "best" is pretty loaded. If you go on number in use it's probably the AK pattern rifle followed closely by the the AR family. Having said this however, I really like my 17S. As mentioned previously, it's not not "great" at any one thing. But it's pretty good at a lot. In my case I have used it for target shooting and can hold a pretty tight group (MOAish) out to 400. I hunt with it, and using Amax rounds I have brought home a lot of meat. I have even used it to scare off a group of about a half dozen meth heads who took exception to my presence while running logging roads in the Ozarks (no shots fired or threats made. I just hopped out of the Pinzgauer with it in hand which was enough to temper their enthusiasm). In all of those roles it performed admirably. And as a matter of personal preference I like it's feel a bit better than my ARs. And of course it makes me look cool among the other old fat guys at the range.

Reactions: thedude824 and N-C
So are you saying that if you had to sell one it would be the scar or if you had to take one into battle it would be the scar?

I have owned all of those other than the KAC(substitute an LMT and Larue OBR and tOBR)

The HK was my favorite with the Larue in second.

I would sell the SCAR if I had to get rid of one.

while i find that i would love to own all the guns ever made and the scar being one of them still leaning towrds the acr more mostly because of the non reciprocating charging handle and a few other things but either way they all will one day be mine god willing ..

AR10s are a better platform with modern tech, end of story. SCARs are fun but there are better options.