• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scar 17 value?

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    What would a lightly used black scar 17 with pmag lower and Geissele trigger sell for these days? Or closer to the election?

Thanks

You would be well served to remove the Super SCAR trigger and sell that separately. SCAR 17s with a pile of magazines and a Super SCAR only bring a couple hundred more, at best, than a 'stock' rifle with 1-3 magazines.

SCARs seemed to hit a resale low point late last year or early this year after domestic production began to influence the market.

I'd imagine prices will be on their way back up, but you'll still have a lot of potential buyers lowballing you like its 2019.

Been toying with the idea of picking one up myself. My local dealer has a new one for $3100. I just don’t see what the guns have to justify a $3k plus price tag. Just because it says FN?

• Wow
    Reactions: E-Tool
    It is a very capable system, but I'd have to think the profit margins are significant on them given what they are.

It is a very capable system, but I'd have to think the profit margins are significant on them given what they are.

Gotta agree. A Mk20 next to an SR25 and you have to ask, "where did that extra money to go?" And a 17 is even simpler.

There are Mk20's starting bid for $3200 and selling for $3500 --I just got one. And had the owner not shill bid his own shit I'd have gotten that rifle for $3200.

There was a SCAR17 for $2800 IRRC when I got the Mk20 and today I saw some for $3k, maybe less. Color doesn't seem to be an issue anymore either unless we're talking about the 7.62 Mk20, FDE only, for now at least.

If I were you I'd just keep it. But if you wanna partial trade plus cash on a 10mm Smith 1006 with adj. sights, new leather and mags, definitely PM me.

Reactions: deersniper
    I bought my Belgian SCAR17S for ~$2650 new a some years ago and sold it without incurring a loss just after the last election. They have only gotten more expensive to buy new since then, but their value proposition is low and the FN ecosystem sucks.

In short, you could probably part it out without a significant loss. With the PMAG lower I think you're looking for a particular buyer, even if the PMAG lower "makes sense" more so than proprietary $40 mags.

^ Think I may keep it for property defense.

I don't blame you one bit and I'd never lowball you brother. I'd like one but I can't justify the cost when I have a Mk20 that was $3500. And they never released the CSR.

I bought my Belgian SCAR17S for ~$2650 new a some years ago and sold it without incurring a loss just after the last election. They have only gotten more expensive to buy new since then, but their value proposition is low and the FN ecosystem sucks.

In short, you could probably part it out without a significant loss. With the PMAG lower I think you're looking for a particular buyer, even if the PMAG lower "makes sense" more so than proprietary $40 mags.

I think this may be a way to go... I've seen a lot of rifles I'd NEVER part out being parted out and the seller making quite a bit more that way than if he'd sold the rifle intact. Go figure. Seems like one guy a while back parted out an SR25, seems like he had JUST bought the thing too. Wound up making something like $1000!!! Damn. In the case of KAC, some of those parts are very hard or even impossible to come by.

If you like the platform and considering keeping it because you can't get what you got into it, might I suggest selling or parting out and sticking to $3000 minimum? Then reinvesting that in a Mk20, can probably get one for $3500, maybe less on GB. It is a superior system and worth the few hundred dollars easily.

To the above, there is a lot of profit it seems in parting out KAC, Colt, and 'GI clone' stuff, but I have not seen it with SCARs.

To your point on the SR25, there is a seller on AR15.com who has seemingly ripped apart scores of KAC firearms and seems to do very well at it.

Keep it. I’ll offer $87 if it makes you feel better.

It’s my most reliable and accurate battle rifle if SHTF I’d probably be grabbing it.

Yeah I think the original part out comment was about selling the super scar trigger and pmag lower separate

Reactions: E-Tool
    im considering letting my BNIB Belgian FDE 17S go to buy a 20S and chopping the barrel to about 16". WTF do I need a 17S when the prices are almost identical.

I've seen them anywhere from $2600-3200 used all factory the last 6 months...

why chip the 20s barrel and make a 17 out of it? two more action screws?

why chip the 20s barrel and make a 17 out of it? two more action screws?
    Some want to make it a CSR model...which I think had a shorter barrel but with the Mk20 upper and fixed stock.