• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scar 20 scope?

hitman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2004
Tampa, FL
I am getting my Scar 20 picked up in a few weeks and I am wondering what scope to put on that bad boy! Now since I just dropped 4k it may take a few months to get the scope I actually want-sadly, I want to the research. I am leaning towards the NF ATACR 4-16. I do not own another Scar but I always hear that they are brutal on scopes so I was leaning towards NF or possibly a Vortex 3-18 if they are gonna be around much longer.

Anyone have experience with glass on the Scars and how they hold up etc...

Put on the ATACR 4-16 it works great!

I am agreeing with you guys for sure! I love the new reticle as well. It is the one I wanted anyway.

Vortex PST line is a good starting point until you figure out what it is you exactly want. go to one of the big box stores and handle a bunch of them. I have a some USO's (B17, B25), leupolds (real Mk4's), vortex.
I find for the most part vortex is probably 80% as good as my USO's. I prefer USO as I can have it built to my exact requirements.
you will find that much like rifle stocks or handguns there are certain features you will like/want more than others.
as an example this my order for scope selection:

1. glass/lens coatings
  2. large adjustment knobs w/ tactile clicks
  3. reticle
  4. body tube
  5. objective lens

A Vortex Viper/PST level scope on a SCAR is absolutely asking for trouble. I’d bet a decent check that within 1000 rounds of .308/7.62, you’d break it. I broke a PST on a .308 bolt gun. SCAR’s are notoriously hard on scopes. I’d say in the Vortex line, Razor is it. Other than that, they’re made in China, or the Phillipenes.