• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scar 20s NRCH .308

joshua2727

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2018
I'm considering purchasing one of the gen 2 Scar 20s .308 rifles with NRCH. I've searched around on the forum but not seen much in the way of actual information on the accuracy of these rifles. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Shot them, and we sell them. The 20" is pretty good, in terms of accuracy, and lacks the true kick of the Scar 17s. I probably would prefer an LMT over the Scar for accuracy. The Scar 20s is a fine rifle, but it is a bit of a compromise between a battle rifle like the 17 and a true sniper rifle like an LMT or KAC.

Happy to answer any questions. DM me if you need a quote.

Reactions: TheDude219
I love the Scar20. First one will hold 5/8 of an inch at 100 if I do my part With 175 FGMM or Berger loaded ammo. So happy with the first got a second. The second is the 2nd gen NRCH. I like the NRCH ergonomics better but this one does not group as well only holding just at or slightly under an MOA 5 shot groups.

Shot them, and we sell them. The 20" is pretty good, in terms of accuracy, and lacks the true kick of the Scar 17s. I probably would prefer an LMT over the Scar for accuracy. The Scar 20s is a fine rifle, but it is a bit of a compromise between a battle rifle like the 17 and a true sniper rifle like an LMT or KAC.

Happy to answer any questions. DM me if you need a quote.
Interested in hearing in what ways the 20 is a compromise in comparison to the LMT and KAC. I haven’t heard anyone with experience compare both.

Reactions: N-C
My best friend has a new scar20s NRCH with a Nightforce scope on it. Its a great gun, great shooter, and I don't think its ugly in the least. Now is it worth $4K as mentioned above. Takes preban m1a 20 rounders, great shooters and I love it.

Reactions: TheDude219
I’ve been very pleased with mine. My early 1:12 twist, 18” 308 barrel shoots consistent MOA or better with handloads and my Creedmoor barrel shoots better. Getting it to reliably function suppressed and unsuppressed took a little effort to find the proper jetting and even though I didn’t have issues with my 6.5 barrel I did pick up the revised bolt and firing pin.

02iqbSP.jpg

B3TylyR.jpg

175 FGMM with SMKs come out @ 2561 fps out of the factory 20" and usually lay well inside .3 mil circles.

I shoot this gun the most of all my precision guns, though generally not more than 1000m. It's a phenomenal gun.

The battle rifle comment above is curious, maybe if you're the hulk. 17S would fit that better. 20S is definitely built to be a precision semi / tactical sniper in the default configuration -- a beast, but that contributes to why it's such a pleasure to shoot.

MRAD-20S-6ARC-2560.png