• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SCAR barrels other than 16"

alman1531

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2014
Colorado
I have a SCAR 16s and 17s and was wondering if anyone knows where to get some alternate length barrels and/or upper receiver assemblies to the standard 16"? I would love a 20" heavy barrel for the 17s and some SBR barrels for both.

I've seen the SBR barrels on gunbroker. I've never see a 20" for sale any where....

Any FN dealer should be able to order you barrels.

Here you go: Hi-desertdog FNH parts - hi-desertdog.com - (Powered by CubeCart)

With that being said, going under 16" with a .308 is a complete waste and serves no purpose other than big fireballs.

Cobra,
I have tried contacting them (Hi-Desert Dog) several times about a 20" barrel in any caliber for my SCAR17. They either do not reply or tell me they will be on the website in a few weeks. It has been 6 months since I first contacted them and I check the site often (several times a week) and they have never had them. Do you know anyone or have heard of anyone who actually has seen or shot any of their 20" scar17 barrel kits?

Anybody else make a barrel that produces better results than the factory barrel?

IMO KAC has had better luck turning the M110 into a battle carbine that can fill in as a sniper rifle than FN has had turning the SCAR 17 into a sniper rifle. For some reason there seems to be little intrest in either the industry or the military for SCAR PIP's. As the current war winds down who knows what will happen but I would not be surprised to see a transition away from 7.62 again.